Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Layered Navigation and Catalog Layout help

DorkFest

Total Posts:  5

I am putting together a site that must have the following page layout:

[ 1. Home page - CMS page with static blocks ]
|
user clicks “store” link
|
V
[ 2. Store landing page - no product listings, layered navigation at root node for all products ]
|
user clicks link in layered navigation
|
V
[ 3. Product listings page - Lists products based on which filters are selected in layered navigation ]

The way I’ve gone about this so far is creating the home page in the CMS. This works fine.

For the store landing page (2), I assigned all products to a category called “Shop.” And set the category shop as an anchor to bring up the layered navigation. Part of what makes this a bit odd is that I am using only product attributes in the layered nav, and there isn’t a need for categories in this particular store.

I can’t figure out how to get to the products listings page (3). Every click in the layered navigation refreshes the store landing page which isn’t displaying products.

I would be extremely grateful for any input on the best way to go about setting these three pages up. I’m looking more for the strategy than the coding for the solution. Many thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

pollyplummer

Total Posts:  71
Tulsa, OK

Did you ever find a solution for this? I’m interested in the same thing.

Magento Community
Magento Community

loeffel
Guru

Total Posts:  427

I am having the same problem:

I am using landing pages for my categories which are set to static block only and is anchor yes.
I will see my layered navigation and I can use it to filter my products, but nothing will be shown because my landing page is displayed instead the whole time. (I can access all categories through top navigation however.)

Anybody who figured this out? Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community