Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Redirect category with single product directly to product page

MattWinslow

Total Posts:  1

UPDATE:  I ended up doing a 301 Redirect since I don’t have that many instances where this occurs - it’s a small store smile No need to have this happen to categories “on the fly”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi everyone,

I’ve searched around the forums, but haven’t found a solution for what I’m attempting.

My store is very focused and I have several categories which only have a single product.  Is there a way I can create a redirect so that when someone clicks on a category with only 1 product they are redirected to the product page (bypassing the category page)?

I’m not a programmer by any stretch of the imagination, but if someone could be kind enough to point me in the right direction I’d be appreciative!

Thanks,

Matt

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community