Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

404 errors on product detail pages and can’t login to admin panel

ggarth

Total Posts:  10

Hi,

Known Factors:
-- Running Magento CE 1.7.0.2
-- Currently Live
-- Shared Hosting
-- Magento is running in subfolder
-- Doing a domain redirect on our main domain www.example.com to www.example.com/subfolder
-- Webserver rewrites On via admin
-- Updated unsecure/secure base urls and session cookie mangement in admin to get ready for domain redirect
-- Masked the redirect by copying the original magento .htaccess and index.php into our main root directiory.
-- Also modified both files to point to subfolder.
-- Did this on Monday and everything was working fine.

What I can recall doing before I noticed the issue:
-- Reindexed via the admin earlier in the day
-- Performed a db backup via the admin afterwards

Late last night I noticed that our product details page aren’t showing up. You can view any other page/section of the website except those product detail pages. You can even see the products in the grid/list mode in the category views, but not the product detail page itself. All I get is the “404 Not Found 1” error. Since they weren’t showing up and since I previously did a back-up of the database in Magento’s admin, I did a restore/rollback/whatever option that’s called on the database under System > Tools > Backups. I did it and nothing happened on the screen. Went back to the front-end to view the products and still the same issue. I tried accessing some other individual php files within the main magento root folder and I kept getting the “404 Not Found 1” error. So… not knowing what else to do, I then I commented out RewriteBase in the .htaccess that redirects to the magento sub folder to see if that’d make a difference for at least the files that are not apart of the catalog. That’s when the preverbal #@%! hit the fan.

I can get to the admin log in screen now, but none of my login credentials work for any of the users I’ve created. I keep getting “Invalid username or password” in that login box. At least people can still see the website lol!… Seriously though… it’s wracking my brain and I’ve tried a big basket full of “fixes” but nothing works yet.

Tried Fixes:
-- Clearing /var/cache/ & /var/session
-- Commented out the cookie info in /app/code/core/Magento/core/Model/Session/Abstract/Varien.php
-- Refreshed browsers and cleared browser cache
-- Tried from multiple machines and others can see the 404 errors on their computers too. This is live, and NOT on a localhost.
-- Logged in via SSH and used php indexer.php --reindex all. Successfully reindexed all, but still nothing changed on the 404 product details page error, or the admin login issue.
-- Since I did a db restore from Magento, I went into phpMyadmin and checked for values that need to match in core_store, core_store_group and core_website.
-- Updated the index.php that redirects traffic to the magento folder, by putting “default” in the empty $mageRunCode variable
-- Even added cookie info to the admin login.phtml file that increased the cookie time, but still no go.
-- Wanted to try running the magento db repair tool script. I have it residing in the magento root folder (again which is a subfolder of our main account), and I can’t even access that file. I get the 404 error again.

I’m at my wits ends on this...especially since it’s live. And something doesn’t seem right (obviously lol) after getting nowhere from trying what I’ve tried already. Has anyone encountered this before and/or have any other possible solutions I can try outside of what I’ve already listed?

EDIT:: Luckily I have left the debug option on and this is what I found in the system log file:

2013-03-06T20:11:09+00:00 ERR (3):
exception ‘PDOException’ with message ‘SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry ‘6’ for key ‘PRIMARY’’ in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/lib/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php:228
Stack trace:
#0 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/lib/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php(228): PDOStatement->execute(Array)
#1 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/lib/Varien/Db/Statement/Pdo/Mysql.php(110): Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo->_execute(Array)
#2 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/lib/Zend/Db/Statement.php(300): Varien_Db_Statement_Pdo_Mysql->_execute(Array)
#3 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#4 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(238): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(’INSERT INTO `lo...’, Array)
#5 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(419): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query(’INSERT INTO `lo...’, Array)
#6 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(574): Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query(’INSERT INTO `lo...’, Array)
#7 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Log/Model/Resource/Visitor.php(261): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert(’log_quote’, Array)
#8 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Log/Model/Resource/Visitor.php(116): Mage_Log_Model_Resource_Visitor->_saveQuoteInfo(Object(Mage_Log_Model_Visitor))
#9 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Db/Abstract.php(463): Mage_Log_Model_Resource_Visitor->_afterSave(Object(Mage_Log_Model_Visitor))
#10 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Abstract.php(318): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Db_Abstract->save(Object(Mage_Log_Model_Visitor))
#11 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Log/Model/Visitor.php(189): Mage_Core_Model_Abstract->save()
#12 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(1338): Mage_Log_Model_Visitor->saveByRequest(Object(Varien_Event_Observer))
#13 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(1317): Mage_Core_Model_App->_callObserverMethod(Object(Mage_Log_Model_Visitor), ‘saveByRequest’, Object(Varien_Event_Observer))
#14 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/app/Mage.php(447): Mage_Core_Model_App->dispatchEvent(’controller_acti...’, Array)
#15 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(552): Mage::dispatchEvent(’controller_acti...’, Array)
#16 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Front/Action.php(75): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->postDispatch()
#17 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(423): Mage_Core_Controller_Front_Action->postDispatch()
#18 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(250): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch(’add’)
#19 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(176): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#20 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(354): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#21 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/app/Mage.php(683): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#22 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/index.php(90): Mage::run(’’, ‘store’)
#23 {main}

This repeats for quite awhile, and “Duplicate entry ‘6’ eventually makes it to ‘10’. And then it starts changing to:

2013-03-06T23:00:39+00:00 ERR (3):
exception ‘PDOException’ with message ‘SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1452 Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`xxxxxx_magento`.`report_event`, CONSTRAINT `FK_REPORT_EVENT_EVENT_TYPE_ID_REPORT_EVENT_TYPES_EVENT_TYPE_ID` FOREIGN KEY (`event_type_id`) REFERENCES `report_event_types` (`event_type_id`) O)’ in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/lib/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php:228
Stack trace:
#0 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/lib/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php(228): PDOStatement->execute(Array)
#1 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/lib/Varien/Db/Statement/Pdo/Mysql.php(110): Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo->_execute(Array)
#2 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/lib/Zend/Db/Statement.php(300): Varien_Db_Statement_Pdo_Mysql->_execute(Array)
#3 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#4 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(238): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(’INSERT INTO `re...’, Array)
#5 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(419): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query(’INSERT INTO `re...’, Array)
#6 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(574): Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query(’INSERT INTO `re...’, Array)
#7 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Db/Abstract.php(453): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert(’report_event’, Array)
#8 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Abstract.php(318): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Db_Abstract->save(Object(Mage_Reports_Model_Event))
#9 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Reports/Model/Event/Observer.php(69): Mage_Core_Model_Abstract->save()
#10 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Reports/Model/Event/Observer.php(133): Mage_Reports_Model_Event_Observer->_event(1, ‘167’)
#11 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(1338): Mage_Reports_Model_Event_Observer->catalogProductView(Object(Varien_Event_Observer))
#12 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(1317): Mage_Core_Model_App->_callObserverMethod(Object(Mage_Reports_Model_Event_Observer), ‘catalogProductV...’, Object(Varien_Event_Observer))
#13 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/app/Mage.php(447): Mage_Core_Model_App->dispatchEvent(’catalog_control...’, Array)
#14 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Helper/Product/View.php(135): Mage::dispatchEvent(’catalog_control...’, Array)
#15 /home/gemeinha/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/controllers/ProductController.php(132): Mage_Catalog_Helper_Product_View->prepareAndRender(167, Object(Mage_Catalog_ProductController), Object(Varien_Object))
#16 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(419): Mage_Catalog_ProductController->viewAction()
#17 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(250): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch(’view’)
#18 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(176): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#19 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(354): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#20 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/app/Mage.php(683): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#21 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/index.php(90): Mage::run(’’, ‘store’)
#22 {main}

Next exception ‘Zend_Db_Statement_Exception’ with message ‘SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1452 Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`xxxxxx_magento`.`report_event`, CONSTRAINT `FK_REPORT_EVENT_EVENT_TYPE_ID_REPORT_EVENT_TYPES_EVENT_TYPE_ID` FOREIGN KEY (`event_type_id`) REFERENCES `report_event_types` (`event_type_id`) O)’ in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/lib/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php:234
Stack trace:
#0 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/lib/Varien/Db/Statement/Pdo/Mysql.php(110): Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/lib/Zend/Db/Statement.php(300): Varien_Db_Statement_Pdo_Mysql->_execute(Array)
#2 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#3 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(238): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(’INSERT INTO `re...’, Array)
#4 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(419): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query(’INSERT INTO `re...’, Array)
#5 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(574): Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query(’INSERT INTO `re...’, Array)
#6 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Db/Abstract.php(453): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert(’report_event’, Array)
#7 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Abstract.php(318): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Db_Abstract->save(Object(Mage_Reports_Model_Event))
#8 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Reports/Model/Event/Observer.php(69): Mage_Core_Model_Abstract->save()
#9 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Reports/Model/Event/Observer.php(133): Mage_Reports_Model_Event_Observer->_event(1, ‘167’)
#10 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(1338): Mage_Reports_Model_Event_Observer->catalogProductView(Object(Varien_Event_Observer))
#11 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(1317): Mage_Core_Model_App->_callObserverMethod(Object(Mage_Reports_Model_Event_Observer), ‘catalogProductV...’, Object(Varien_Event_Observer))
#12 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/app/Mage.php(447): Mage_Core_Model_App->dispatchEvent(’catalog_control...’, Array)
#13 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Helper/Product/View.php(135): Mage::dispatchEvent(’catalog_control...’, Array)
#14 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/controllers/ProductController.php(132): Mage_Catalog_Helper_Product_View->prepareAndRender(167, Object(Mage_Catalog_ProductController), Object(Varien_Object))
#15 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(419): Mage_Catalog_ProductController->viewAction()
#16 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(250): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch(’view’)
#17 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(176): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#18 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(354): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#19 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/app/Mage.php(683): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#20 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/magento/index.php(90): Mage::run(’’, ‘store’)
#21 {main}

Time wise… this repeats from 2013-03-06T23:00:39+00:00 - 2013-03-07T20:41:26+00:00 and counting.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ggarth

Total Posts:  10

Well it appears to be fixed and working fine now! I swear I throw about 57 hail mary\’s at it lol.

What I did:

-- Installed a clean Magento in another sub-folder \"/repair\".
-- Backed up the corrupted DB via phpMyAdmin.
-- Downloaded the latest Magento DB repair tool, and then used the clean DB of /repair as the reference. It made some fixes. This article helped with that. http://www.learnmagento.org/magento-bug-fixes/repair-magento-database/
-- Then ran an SQL script in phpMyAdmin to truncate/alter to remove all existing test data transactions and log entries from those. Check here for what to run. Since the DB repair tool put the foreign keys back in, I left off the foreign key stuff. http://phpmysqltalk.com/66-magento-how-to-delete-orders-and-reset-counters.html
-- Since I could get to the admin screen but not login, I had to get SSH access to the /shell folder and ran

php indexer.php --reindex all
-- Cleared /var/cache, /var/log, /var/session and made sure my permissions were correct (0755 or 0777)
-- Everything worked fine on the front-end again and I received no \"404 Not Found 1\” errors. Although I still couldn\’t log into the admin.
-- I used the workaround in this article (which is a godsend) to get access back into the admin by creating a tempadmin. http://blog.magikcommerce.com/how-to-create-an-admin-account-from-magento-code/
-- I ran into the Parent Role \"G1\" doesn\’t not exist error because my admin user tables were whacked. Although it worked to get me in, I could get past that error so using the clean Magento install, I exported the 3 admin user tables (\"role, rule, user), and imported it into the existing Magento DB.
-- The only not so good thing about doing that was that it wiped out all users, roles, and permission I previously setup. Although I didn\’t care at that point because I was in!
-- Checked both of my .htaccess and index.php files to ensure all file references were correct and the correct Rewrites were in the .htaccess/

Hopefully this will help anyone who has similar issues and doesn\’t have to rack their noggin\’ for a few days on end by not being able to get passed those \"404 Not Found 1\” errors, and no admin access that ISN\’T a result of cookies not being set.

One thing I know for sure now is, that I can setup a Magento install in no time now! lol

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community