Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Ad-hoc bundle product

msayag

Total Posts:  25

Hi everyone,

I thought about creating an ad-hoc bundled product, that is, a bundled product that its list of items is re-created every time a customer requests to view it, depending on the products that are available in the database and match some criteria.

My use case:
I am designing a store to sell jewelries with gems and I have rings that are sold with a matching gem as a bundle product.
I have many different gems in the stock, each one has different attributes (e.g. size and color) and is stored as a different simple product.
I want that every time a customer select to buy a ring, she will be able to select a matching gem from all the available matching gems in the store. The problem is that many gems are added and removed from the store all the time and I don’t want to have to update the bundle every time I update the list of gems.

Anyone knows if this is possible?
How can this be constructed?
Performance penalty?

Thanks,

Moshe

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community