Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Online Book Store

ibrahimoz

Total Posts:  2

Hello,

I want to make an book shop with Magento.(with nearly 3.000 books)

My web site should also have author’s pages which has author information, image, recent activities and books.

i should one admin pannel, and 10 ecommerce sites on different domains.

Books are under both category like horror, comic etc. and authors.

Is magento suitable for me? Or should i choose different opensource ecommerce system like opencart or prestashop?

If magento suitable for me, can you explain how?

Thank you very much.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ec0mmerce

Total Posts:  242

Hello

Magento Community free edition is what you really need. You can just upload your books as products, add author’s description, products images, etc. Also Magento supports multiple stores installment under different domains with one back-end access. And of course, you can use default simple settings to create categories as well as assign your books to as many categories as you need.
Thus, Magento is great solution for your needs.
Hope you will be lucky using it. If you’d like to specify any further details, please let me know.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ibrahimoz

Total Posts:  2

ec0mmerce - 07 March 2013 04:40 AM

Hello

Magento Community free edition it what you really need. You just can upload your books as products, add author’s description, products images, etc. Also Magento supports multiple stores installment under different domains with one back-end access. And of course, you can use default simple settings to create categories as well as assign your books to as many categories as you need.
Thus, Magento is great solution for your needs.
Hope you will be lucky using it. If you’d like to specify any further details, please let me know.

Thank you very much for your answer.

Okey, do you think the best opensource ecommerce system is magento?
if i compare magento and prestashop, who win?

i want to make a good selection. Because i don’t know any of them right now, i am ready to learn.

But i want to spend my time to correct system.

Also i am a computer engineer, it is not my hobby, it is my job.

i want to learn a ecommerce system well, then i should customize it for my customer’s needs and sell it.

To sum up, do you suggest me magento?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ec0mmerce

Total Posts:  242

Hi

Every platform has its pros and cons, but as the best open source eCommerce solution i would recommend Magento for the following main reasons:

- Magento is the best option if you need out of the box features because PrestaShop offers limited services and functionality.
- Magento is known to be more SEO friendly compared to PrestaShop.
- PrestaShop has less variety of themes than Magento does.
- Magento is suitable for all sizes of businesses, while PrestaShop is the best option for small businesses.
- also Magento is having wide pool of developers as well as free range of modules and extensions.

Best Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community