Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Category -> Custom Design -> Custom Layout Update missing

mcldata

Total Posts:  1

Well, I’ve Googled, and hunted and am still drawing a blank on this one.

I’m on 1.7.0.2 and I want to apply a custom layout update to a category, but I don’t have the Custom Layout Update field that everybody else appears to have. I’m sure I’m missing something obvious, but I still can’t fathom what it is. Can anyone relieve my madness?

Image Attachments
magento_layout.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mcldata

Total Posts:  1

mcldata - 07 March 2013 01:56 AM

Well, I’ve Googled, and hunted and am still drawing a blank on this one.

I’m on 1.7.0.2 and I want to apply a custom layout update to a category, but I don’t have the Custom Layout Update field that everybody else appears to have. I’m sure I’m missing something obvious, but I still can’t fathom what it is. Can anyone relieve my madness?

Well, no help forthcoming, but I’ve finally figured this one out myself:

Apparently, at sometime during an upgrade, some lines went missing from the following tables. Use phpMyAdmin to insert them back in in the order shown and Bob, as they say, is your uncle.

eav_attribute table, insert:

(55, 3, ‘custom_layout_update’, NULL, ‘catalog/attribute_backend_customlayoutupdate’, ‘text’, ‘’, ‘’, ‘textarea’, ‘Custom Layout Update’, ‘’, ‘’, 0, 0, ‘’, 0, ‘’)

eav_entity_attribute table, insert:

(55, 3, 3, 11, 55, 60)

catalog_eav_attribute table, insert:

(55, ‘’, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1, ‘’, 0, 0, 0, 1)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community