Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can Associated products inherit store view

alexbab

Total Posts:  8

Hi everyone,

This is my first magento store and I have to say I find there is a very nice community around this CMS that’s great to work with.

I’m trying to build a store with french and english store views.

I have some configurable products on my store.

Problem : when I create an associated product it does not inherit the english store view description, Instead it shows the default description which is in french.

It would be great for me not to have to rewrite all the english descriptions for the associated products.

Magento 1.7.0.2

Default theme copied into my own theme, as suggested by the designer’s guide.

Working on MAMP pro localhost

Plugins :

- Simple Configurable products ( fixed the re-indexing issue )
- Enhanced product grid

Thank you

Alex

PS: I’m sorry but i’m afraid I already posted theis in the wrong section could a moderator be kind enough to delete my other post.
thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Lyonscg

Total Posts:  173
Chicago IL

I’m surprised to hear that the product’s are taking the french version of the description by default. Was a product import done or has everything been done manually through the admin panel so far?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mage Magician

Total Posts:  98

Magento by default handle downloadable products and its associated products based on store views. So, i am sure either you did something wrong configuration or something wrong code written.

You can check it out.

Magento Community
Magento Community

alexbab

Total Posts:  8

Thanks For your replies I must be doing something wrong then I’ll keep working on it.

The default product description I entered is in french that is why it is in french.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community