Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

adding product ver. 0.7.15480

verticl

Total Posts:  4

Alrighty, I promise I have read every document, checked every resource I could, and this isn’t my first time trying to install magento but getting a weird problem.

Install is fine, everything looks fine, but when i go to add a product i fill in all the required fields and click save or save and continue editing and i just get a please wait with the circular pie, but it never goes away, its there for hours.

1. all permissions are set to 777 on media folder
2. all permissions are set according to install guide
3. tried in IE and Firefox

I even did a clean install and blew out all the database info i had before.

Any clue or help would be really appreciated, been racking my brain now for almost 24 hours! i am sure its something small too.. hate when that happens.

thanks in advance smile

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

If you have Firefox and Firebug, you can see the log of AJAX calls in the console tab.

Most probably you will see an error in the last POST , see Response tab.

Please paste it here.

Magento Community
Magento Community

verticl

I ran firebug prior to my post, weird thing is i get no errors, at all or even a post method, it goes through the js hides all the elements then no error, its like everything stops at that point with the please wait mask on.

i have everything enabled for logging in firebug too, and no errors in error console in ff, but then again it doesn’t detect AJAX behind seens.

either i am doing something wrong or its a weird one off issue, any other suggestions?

thanks for the help btw smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

verticl

anyone have a clue? tried reinstalling a few times, same thing.. hm..

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community