Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Customize Sale Email Notification

remb

Total Posts:  20

Hi,

I need a special customer ID# applied to the outgoing sale email template. In this regard, I used the name suffix default registration field and changed its label. Everything very fine so far but when the customer / shop owner receives the sale notification, the suffix should be displayed as a different field under the buyer’s full name.

I am only starting to scratch the surface in building custom Magento modules so for days now everything I have been trying is not working. Can you please point me in the right direction into building a module that will allow me to change the suffix label for sales notifications and place it below the buyer’s full name?

Please see the attached screenshot.

Thank you very much.

Image Attachments
custom-order-notification.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Ryan Sun _Kuafu
Guru

Total Posts:  317
FL

override customer->address->formats in core/Mage/Customer/etc/config.xml

Magento Community
Magento Community

remb

Ryan Sun _Kuafu - 06 March 2013 06:42 AM

override customer->address->formats in core/Mage/Customer/etc/config.xml

thanks for your answer. is this a good practice to change core code? wouldn’t my changes be overwritten once i’m upgrading magento?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ryan Sun _Kuafu
Guru

FL

by override I mean create the same entry in your custom module config.xml and it will take place the old format

Magento Community
Magento Community

remb

Ryan Sun _Kuafu - 06 March 2013 07:33 AM

by override I mean create the same entry in your custom module config.xml and it will take place the old format

ok, that’s great. i did my own custom module but it didn’t worked. actually, this is the problem that i have… how would that module be in order to override the default sales email template?

thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ryan Sun _Kuafu
Guru

FL

try having your custom module depends on customer module in

Magento Community
Magento Community

remb

Ryan Sun _Kuafu - 06 March 2013 11:10 AM

try having your custom module depends on customer module in

Thanks so much for your help. Do you happen to know a good, reliable tutorial on how could I build a module that will be dependant on the core Customer module?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community