Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Live site upgrade problems and instability

intensity

Total Posts:  48

I made the grave error of trying to upgrade my current installation (1.1.8) without doing a test run in a test environment.  The upgrade failed and now has left me with a very unstable installation on my live store that will die with any system modifications.  The error message I get, which I unfortunately don’t have now, indicate that is caused by an upgrade file executing.  I’ve had to rebuild my store several times.

Following these instructions I tried to recreate my environment in a test environment to try and fix this.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/27939/#t92535

On a test site I installed a fresh installation (1.1.7) with a database backup, reconfigured, and got the store running.  This installation is now resistant to upgrading.  Running upgrade from SSH produces the following error.

magento-core/Mage_All_Latest requires PHP (version >= 5.2.0version <= 6.0.0excluded versions6.0.0), installed version is 4.4.9

I know for a fact I’m running PHP higher then 5.2.0 so I’m not sure what to make this error.  Moving on.

I decided to try a different angle.  From MagentoConnect I get this error.

ErrorPlease check for sufficient write file permissions

Great.  I’ve checked these again and again and they should be correct.  So now I’m really stuck.  Maybe this is because I unpackaged the tar but did not run the installation process.

I need to figure out how to get my live installation fixed.  Given my situation with a broken live installation, I’m wondering if anyone has any ideas of getting this going again.

Cheer and TIA

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community