Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

High Quality Magento Development Firm? 

hype4

Total Posts:  10

I’m looking for recommendations for a high quality Magento development company. In the past I’ve used a few and they’ve been useless, I don’t want anyone abroad, or any 1 man band either, does anyone know of any good firms in the UK they can point me in the direction of?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jeffcustom

Total Posts:  67
Boulder, CO

We’re not in the UK, but Customer Paradigm is a Magento Silver Solutions Partner.

We have 5 magento certified developers and have worked on dozens of magento sites from fortune 500 companies to small businesses.

Call us at 303-473-4400 or see more at CustomerParadigm.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

p2409

Total Posts:  16

I can’t give you a name, but when you want to choose someone ‘local’ ie. in the UK, you should ask where ALL the development gets done. Many ‘local’ outfits outsource much of their work to places like India, and you get the risk of extremely poor quality work. This is even worse when they’re asking you to pay rates that are local ie. expensive. For a Magento provider, personally I wouldn’t use anyone other than a trusted reference from someone, and would make sure no work is being done in India. You could start by checking out local websites that use Magento, and calling them to ask who does their development. In my experience, good quality local work is very expensive for Magento, but then again, it’s a complex system. If a quote sounds cheap, you can guarantee the development (some or all) will probably be done in a 3rd world country, and I know of two businesses who accidentally fell into this trap, and it was an utter disaster - they fell for unsolicited contacts from web developers in India, and ended up throwing out their systems and starting again with a local developer: who charged 5 times as much (!), but at least they got a working system that’s well supported.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community