Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Facebook and Twitter login

mtaskov

Total Posts:  17

I have a problem with fb and twitter lo gin on my site when i go to login from product page it stay on product but when i go on login form and it reirects me to dashboard but i don’t want go to dashboard i want to return back on product page any solution

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Magestore
Mentor

Total Posts:  1015
Viet Nam

Hi mtaskov,

I think that you can follow this method to fix your issue, in the template file to show social login button, add the following code to set return page:

<?php  
 $currentUrl 
Mage::helper('core/url')->getCurrentUrl();

Mage::getSingleton('core/session')->setBeforeUrl($currentUrl);
?>
and in your controller, get this url to redirect after login:
$backUrl Mage::getSingleton('core/session')->getBeforeUrl();
Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Stephen

Magento Community
Magento Community

mtaskov

Total Posts:  17

No that’s not the solution actualy I forgot to say but i use BelVG facebook all in one plugin and i think that the problem is comming off the plugin thanks a lot for your post

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

mtaskov - 04 March 2013 09:56 AM

I have a problem with fb and twitter lo gin on my site when i go to login from product page it stay on product but when i go on login form and it reirects me to dashboard but i don’t want go to dashboard i want to return back on product page any solution

Hi there, you may take a look at this extension: http://amasty.com/magento-quick-ajax-login.html . It allows customers stay on a current page after they log in with their social accounts (Twitter, Facebook, Google+). You can also choose the page to redirect them if you want by inserting appropriate page URL on your backend admin panel.

Please, feel free to ask for any details and visit the Qick AJAX Login page to see the user guide and live demo.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Unfortunately, at the moment there is no possibility to upload any screenshots, but you’ll definitely find all the necessary info on the extension page smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community