Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Reward Points Module

kirklandsl2012

Total Posts:  6

I tried implementing the reward points from phparch book and it doesn’ work.
I need to do something similar, but I can’t find help on the forums, wiki, or anywhere else.

I’m also trying to do this via modules and not altering core.

Broken down:
1.) Assign a value to products.
2.) Accumulate that value when product orders are complete.
3.) Add a link on the dashboard menu and a page to show them their points.

Specific questions:
1.) Which event do I need to subscribe to in order to capture order?  How in my config.xml can I subscribe to it.
2.) Whats the best strategy for altering the customers dashboard w/o breaking upgradeability?  Where does the design for this reside?  How do I set up config.xml to implement this?

Hope this is clear and not a jumbled mess.  The reward pionts module from the book was near perfect except it added the points values on the main dashboard page and not as a menu link, and it just didn’t work when I implemented it.

thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community