Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

1 (or 2?) more Admin issues after 1.2.1 upgrade! [Solved]

msport7

Total Posts:  41
Atlanta, GA, USA

Am still having some problems after upgrading to v1.2.1. Yesterday, the problem I was having was to do with AC_RunActiveContent.js (in this post) - that was solved by re-checking and re-setting permissions.

Now the admin issues have to do with products, categories and attributes

1) When I try adding an image to a product or modifying an existing product’s images, the following notice appears:

Image type and information need to be specified for each store view.

And there is only a small table beneath the notice with a “No Image” notice (on a product that does have an image showing on the front end).

2) The category tree is now all in plain text - with no controls. It is listed in one column, and does not show the order of the category hierarchy. The same is happening in the Attribute Sets --> Groups system. Just a single column with no order.

Please help! Any ideas are appreciated!

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

msport7

Atlanta, GA, USA

Looks like the issues were permissions on the .js files after the upgrade! The image uploading system is working fine again.

Am still having the same issues with the category tree and the attributes - will investigate these more before I post another update. I’ve gone through all the .js files and permissions are correct, so perhaps something else?

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

msport7

Atlanta, GA, USA

Solved!

It was, indeed, all permission issues after upgrading to 1.2.1.

Basically, just had to change all the permissions in the /js/ folder:
- 755 for all the folders
- 644 for all the .js files

Made these changes and bingo - back in business! Got the clue from a post by Sindre|ProperHost in this thread.

Note, I used the file manager program in cPanel to update the permissions instead of my FTP client - made it very quick because of the visual front end.

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community