Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

The page isn’t redirecting properly

infoashwi

Total Posts:  12

Hi all

I faced following problem on the installation process:
I use magento version 1.7.0.2, PHP version 5.4.3, wamp server
please help

The page isn’t redirecting properly
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

GoMageTeam
Guru

Total Posts:  356
Warsaw, Poland

Hello,

Please, provide us with more information such as the full path of Magento Installation and Base URL.
Also you should check .htaccess file, you will find the RewriteBase field there. You need to write the path to Magento there.
For example, Magento is installed in public_html/magento it means that the RewriteBase value should be RewriteBase /magento.
If Magento is installed in piblic_html/ then
То RewriteBase:
RewriteBase /

Magento Community
Magento Community

infoashwi

Total Posts:  12

I am absolutely beginner in magento ecommerce. I have just tried to install the magento in my localhost.

I even could not install completely in my personal computer because of the following problem. when I entere database name, username, password and enter other required information for configuration and click continue link then following page is redirected.

The page isn\’t redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

Please welcome to any kind of help and support.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

GoMageTeam
Guru

Total Posts:  356
Warsaw, Poland

Hello,

We advise you to create a virtual host, in theory, it should help you.
You can get more information how to create it after reading this discussion:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewreply/427178/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community