Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Has “isSaleable” changed? 

CENOBITE

Total Posts:  8

After updating to 1.2.1 my products with a stock level of 0 and “no backorders” allowed still show as available instead of “out of stock”.
I’ve been trying and searching for the better part of today but to no avail. I guess the problem lies with the isSaleable function - has this changed from 1.2.0.1 to 1.2.1?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

flufftronix

Total Posts:  45
Philly, PA

Same problem here; this is not good.. any ideas, anyone?

Magento Community
Magento Community

CENOBITE

Total Posts:  8

I still have no idea what the problem ist, but the following worked for me to solve the problem for now:

I updated the attributes of all products in question, re-assigning the attribute “manage stock” to “yes”

Hope that helps

Magento Community
Magento Community

flufftronix

Philly, PA

I was able to fix one product (so far) by setting it to in stock, and then returning it to out of stock. It previously displayed on the front end as in stock, despite the admin section displaying 0 quantity and out of stock.

Magento Community
Magento Community

flufftronix

Philly, PA

Just changed a configurable product back to out of stock; had to manually change 5 child products. This is kind of infeasible as a fix for me since it’d have to be done to the 236 simple products with 0 inventory. Plus I don’t know if the inventory updating upon checkout is working right. Bummer.

I put the issue up on the bug tracker:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue/?issue=5114

Magento Community
Magento Community

turbo1

Total Posts:  296
Los Angeles, CA

If this is the case, then it’s a deal breaker for me.  Every version has some crazy we-broke-this-which-worked-fine-before bug that just slaps you in the face.

Magento Community
Magento Community

turbo1

Los Angeles, CA

I just tested this on my dev 1.2.1 site and have some information.

Products with “0” quantity and no backorders allowed show as being available to purchase. The Add To Cart button is visible instead of the “out of stock” message.  However, when you try to add it to the cart, it will show “This product is currently out of stock.”

Irritating, but not horrible. Thoughts?

Magento Community
Magento Community

advocat

Total Posts:  99
UA Kyiv

System / Cache Management
Refresh Inventory Stock Status ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

turbo1

Los Angeles, CA

Good suggestion, but it didn’t work for me.  It actually did nothing but take me to a blank page when I clicked it, with this in the URL bar: www.mydomain.com/report/?id=202085721&s;=admin

Looks like the refreshing isn’t working.

Magento Community
Magento Community

advocat

Total Posts:  99
UA Kyiv

It is a result too smile
On your URL bar: www.mydomain.com/report/?id=202085721&s;=admin has exception error
You can clear private data from the error, and add its contents to reported bug. This is important!

Magento Community
Magento Community

turbo1

Los Angeles, CA

The report is blank.. very weird. Nothing in it.  Has anyone else gotten the cache refresh to work?

Magento Community
Magento Community

flufftronix

Philly, PA

Ah jeez *smacks head* that fixed it for me.

Was that button always there?

Magento Community
Magento Community

turbo1

Los Angeles, CA

I’m officially an idiot.. the reason the cache wouldn’t clear for me is because I had mis-set permissions on /var/cache.  All is well now.

Thanks again, advocat. You were absolutely right.

Magento Community
Magento Community

resonance

Total Posts:  62

advocat - 05 February 2009 03:34 AM

I had a similar problem using my automagical configurable product import script, which worked just fine as of 1.2.0.3 and then all of the sudden everything showed out of stock in 1.2.1. The reset inventory stock status fixed it. I suppose whatever updated that automatically when you call save() on a product got moved to somewhere else, which is why it doesn’t work now. At least there’s a fix, this killed the last four hours of my day !@#$!@

And yes, according to the diff files, isSalable has changed in a bunch of places, for non-obvious reasons (to me), likely indicating that they reworked the whole inventory status logic somewhere.

Magento Community
Magento Community

insight

Total Posts:  58

yeah same thing for me, worth this bump as i’m sure hundreds more will have this issue,

it would be real helpful if info like this was released with each upgrade!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Gnolaum

Total Posts:  22

advocat - 05 February 2009 03:34 AM

I also have this problem, and the above solved it.

What is particularly telling that something is amiss to me is that if you take a properly displaying out of stock item, export, and then import it - it suddenly shows up as in stock (but fails to add to cart with an out of stock error).

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2