Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can’t translate probally (hardcoded) - shipping error msg

mulamula

Total Posts:  13

Hello,

I just cant translate it by any means.Its a error msg when customer didnt choice a shipping methods. Can you guys tell me where can i find the .php file to manually translate it.

Your order cannot be completed at this time as there is no shipping methods available for itPlease make neccessary changes in your shipping address.

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kiang

Total Posts:  21
Taiwan

The message should be found at magento/app/locale/en_US/Mage_Checkout.csv

Magento Community
Magento Community

mulamula

Total Posts:  13

I already did it but i have no sucess. Do you know how to remove this shipping error msg ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

cybermaniak

Total Posts:  31

Bump… this message is making me nuts also !!

I have tried inline tranlsation and it doesn’t show up for translate that string… So then make the translation on all the relevant csv files.  Also tried to change it on app\code\core\Mage\Checkout\etc\jstranslator.xml

but none method is working… I’m using 1.7.0.2

Where it’s to be this string ??  At this point I don’t care to edit a core file...Please somebody point us on the right direcction.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cybermaniak

Total Posts:  31

Finally found the problem !!

Go to skin/frontend/base/default/js and download your files onepagecheckout.js and onepagecheckout.pack.js

On file onepagecheckout.js go to line 404 and correct “neccessary for necessary you will see it has 2 “C’s” now search on onepagecheckout.pack.js for the word neccessary ...  and correct that one.. 

And finally edit your locale .csv and add at the end..  in my case was OnepageCheckout.csv

“Your order cannot be completed at this time as there is no shipping methods available for it. Please make necessary changes in your shipping address.","your translated text”

fluch your cache and voila you will the translated string..

Magento Community
Magento Community

Scrobby

Total Posts:  1

Cybermaniak for the rescue! It works grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

joangus

Total Posts:  20

Are we talking about IWD OnepageCheckout? I think it\’s the same extension as it has the same mistake with the double c’s.

I think IWD has changed the extension and now ”onepagecheckout.js” is not present on my installation, and I can only found ”onepagecheckout.pack.js” on my theme installation ”skin\\frontend\\default\\MY_THEME\\js\

I can modify ”neccessary for necessary” but if we want to translate it no matter if it is correct. We can write the original word and the translated word.

The problem is that there’s no way no translate it, at least I can’t. I have added the original phrase:

“Your order cannot be completed at this time as there is no shipping methods available for it. Please make neccessary changes in your shipping address.” (with the incorrect word) and it’s translation to:

IWD_OnepageCheckout.csv” and also to ”Mage_Checkout.csv”, flushed cache but continue to get the original english phrase.

Any thought about how to translate it?

Thankyou
Gus

SOLVED

Correct ”onepagecheckout.pack.js” only and add translation to ”Mage_Checkout.csv”.

Gus

Magento Community
Magento Community

Chema7003

Total Posts:  11

thank you very much, I thought I was going crazy…

Magento Community
Magento Community

ldwmag

All you guys rescued me as well. thx

Update: no, you didn’t

Still searching the file ....
unbelievable this , really

Magento Community
Magento Community

AsimButt

Total Posts:  2

Cybermaniak your suggestion is good, but i dont find onepagecheckout.js and onepagecheckout.pack.js files on skin\\frontend\\base\\default\\js, but there is opcheckout.js file. I m using Magento community version 1.8.0.0 and my theme is Metrostore by themeforest.

i found \’necessary\’ in my opcheckout.js file and i changed it to \’neccessary\’ then i put the translation in Mage_Checkout.csv file, but i still dont see the translation.

Below is link for my Norwegian site where i m facing this issue

http://no.greenhillsport.com/

Magento Community
Magento Community

fitzhall27

Total Posts:  5

This means they will have a unique story from a personal perspective. Narrative essay topics can be on anything.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jimmyjjohn

Arizona

thank you very much

Référencement Site Internet

Magento Community
Magento Community

stryngaz

The previous answers were correct, but there was not enough for the solution.

You should edit also this file: app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/etc/jstranslator.xml
and find for the line where the not correct message is writting and edit to the right one:

Here is the good message as it should look like:

<message>Your order cannot be completed at this time as there is no shipping methods available for itPlease make neccessary changes in your shipping address.</message>

Good luck, than everything should work smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

LissaCoffey

usa

make the translation on all the relevant csv files,i found \’necessary\’ in my opcheckout.js file and i changed it to \’neccessary\’ then i put the translation in Mage_Checkout.csv file, but i still dont see the translation.fluch your cache and voila you will the translated string..  I’m using 1.7.0.2
Thanks
A magento ecommerce portal - Dietkart

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community