Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Help on site prodict search please

electricfun

Total Posts:  1

Hi everyone

We have an issue with our magento site which I\\\’m hoping someone can help with.  The product search function seems to have stopped working for no apparent reason.  if you type in a product, it comes up with \\\"no results found\\\” and then underneath \\\’no best sellers\\\’ - so i am wodnering if this related to the best sellers information, but can\\\’t work out why the search function would stop working?

If anyone has any thoughts, be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kab8609

Total Posts:  821
Cleveland

electricfun - 01 March 2013 06:24 AM

Hi everyone

We have an issue with our magento site which I\\\’m hoping someone can help with.  The product search function seems to have stopped working for no apparent reason.  if you type in a product, it comes up with \\\"no results found\\\” and then underneath \\\’no best sellers\\\’ - so i am wodnering if this related to the best sellers information, but can\\\’t work out why the search function would stop working?

If anyone has any thoughts, be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Hey there, by default Magento doesn’t display “best sellers” on the frontend so that has to be something custom to your site. What version of Magento are you on? Have you reindexed your site? Flush the cache? If you switch to a unmodified base theme, is it working or no?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mirasvit
Guru

Total Posts:  639

Check out these extension. They greatly improve the quality and relevance of search results Advanced Sphinx Search Pro http://mirasvit.com/magento-extensions/magento-sphinx-search.html

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community