Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Please helpp

taitamfc

Total Posts:  4

I am starting to know about Magento. I have a problem.
When we add a new product, so where will the product add in database, I tried to find, but i can\’t see.
Please help me, thanks all!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kab8609
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  821
Cleveland

How are you trying to add the product? Through Magento or through a CSV file?

If you are trying to add a product through Magento, here is a quick video demonstration (there are several more on youtube) How to add a product in Magento

The products are handled in a EAV environment, meaning that the products information is saved in several tables in the database.

Magento Community
Magento Community

taitamfc

Thanks u, I’m creating an extension called name “Import product into magento via excel file”, but i don’t find solutions. Please hints me!
What skill i need ?..ect.
And, as mentioned above. I don’t know, when i add a new product, where the product will be saved in database?  Example: catalog_product_index_price.
I can not find the new name of product that i have just created. Please help me smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

p2409

Total Posts:  16

The easiest way to find out the database changes is to take a MySQL export of your database pre and post the addition of a product, then use a difference utility (eg. diff, KDiff etc.) to detect the many table changes. Given Magento’s EAV approach, a direct db update for new products is going to be way too complicated for you, and shows a complete misunderstanding of how to use the system. You are better off using the SOAP XML, or PHP Mage object model to do these things.

Here’s a minimum list of skills you will need:
EAV concepts
PHP object based programming
The use of the Mage::app object to manipulate Magento

If you haven’t understood this message, I’m afraid your way too much of a beginner to be developing a module, Magento is not a beginner’s system. You’ve probably got about 6 months to a year before you’ll be up to the required skills to do what you’re trying to do, and you’re not going to get a step-by-step help to do this on this sort of forum - try to help yourself first with your skills before asking others to do your work for you.

Pls Help’ is a ridiculous title to a question posted in a forum, please try to be more specific.

Magento Community
Magento Community

taitamfc

Thanks a lot, have a nice day !

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community