Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 3
Magento hosting

magesolutions

Total Posts:  91

Hi guys,

I got some years experience with magento and handle almost of my customers magento sites with Siteground hosting, you can take a look my detail why I choose it on this URL http://magentohostsolution.com .

They are all seem to work very well at least until now.  But I want to set up a good server for all of them in my server and take care everything. I want to configure APC for all of them but it ‘s seem apc is “public” that ‘s mean the cache of this site can be access by the other one. Can I separate one account to access APC for one hosting account somehow?

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

magesolutions

Any idea to help me guys?

Magento Community
Magento Community

kab8609
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  821
Cleveland

Well I wouldn’t recommend Siteground to any of my clients (in fact I wouldn’t recommend anyone in that list), it looks like you plan on getting off of Siteground and put everything on a dedicated server (which is good).

I would suggest for each client you isolate each site/client so they do not have access to each others data. So essentially you need to setup multiple VPS. Once you setup VPS, you should be able to install APC on each VPS just fine without issues.

However, I would recommend setting up a Dedicated Server with a actual Magento host like Nexcess or Sonassi since just hosting Magento sites can be a full time job, and you would end up saving money (and headaches) just by using a server that is pre-setup to Magento standards. I’ve worked on Magento since early 2009 and to this day, I just worry about coding in Magento and not server setup (it would be a waste of billable time).

You should post this on the Magento Stackoverflow site as this is more of a technical question then a “Can Magento Do...” question.

Magento Community
Magento Community

magesolutions

Thanks kab8609,

It seem it is big work to move from my current hosting to new server :(.

Magento Community
Magento Community

linhmage

Total Posts:  60

Yes, I am out of idea how to configure a server, choose a good hosting provider seem like a best choice for me. Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

bubbaboosh

Total Posts:  12

Hi magesolutions,

Hosting Magento can be hard to get right, it notoriously takes a lot of the server load to get a minimal performance, with past Magento sites we have experience success with a similar config to below.

- VPS for each site (rare cases you can split the db up also)
- Caching load balancer
- CDN (like cachefly, used for site assets)

There are plenty of online guides on this type of setup, also if speed is your major problem check out yslow on your site once setup on the server it will help configure your site to perform better.

Hope this advice helps!

Magento Community
Magento Community

magesolutions

Thanks bubbaboosh, I will try to learn more about server configuration for magento, it should make my current magento sites speed up a lot. But with CDN, I still can use Siteground hosting , it support cloudflare with CDN feature include already

Magento Community
Magento Community

linhmage

Thanks, it seem it work very well for my another magento shop.

Magento Community
Magento Community

magesolutions

Not sure why but sometimes I see it slow, maybe my network connection problem

Magento Community
Magento Community

magento2x

Total Posts:  57

Yea, if you don’t want to take care everything about server performance then the options of magesolutions will work very well for you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

magento2x

magesolutions - 09 March 2013 08:22 PM

Not sure why but sometimes I see it slow, maybe my network connection problem

I think it ‘s the down time of hosting provider and sometimes they have problem with one of their server.

Magento Community
Magento Community

magento2x

magesolutions - 07 March 2013 07:28 AM

Thanks bubbaboosh, I will try to learn more about server configuration for magento, it should make my current magento sites speed up a lot. But with CDN, I still can use Siteground hosting , it support cloudflare with CDN feature include already

Not cover 100% static traffic as pure CDN but it handle more than 60% with a lot of more feature, your suggest is perfect. Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

linhmage

Does it cost us extra fee for CDN services?

Magento Community
Magento Community

shunlee

Total Posts:  34

I am very new with CDN, do you have aritcle for this instruction. Or do you know any provider about this in Canada? Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

filelinks

Total Posts:  55

shunlee - 14 March 2013 09:18 PM

I am very new with CDN, do you have aritcle for this instruction. Or do you know any provider about this in Canada? Thanks

I go with suggestion of magesolutions and it have supercacher in hosting control panel. Near that you will have Cloudflare, it ‘s quite simple to add cloudflare support, just turn it on and it work very fast.

Magento Community
Magento Community

linhmage

Yes, it ‘s free I got it work for my site, it save me ~75% static files, it look very impression smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 3