Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

DB migration help

lraymond

Total Posts:  3

Well since 11+ hours and no response on my real general question, I will change directions.  I have a backup DB that is in tact and have a server setup and ready running U12.04LTS.

I installed 1.7 with no problems, with a blank database, and was able to login, and things worked fine.  I then tried changing the local.xml file to point at the mysql that was restored, and I didn’t get an error, but when I went to the page, I didn’t see any items, etc.

I tried a 3rd method, installing again, this time picking the DB with the data already, and on submit got the error;

Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons.
Error log record number: 169009780

I tried installing using the 1.4 installer and that passed the DB check, then I created the admin, but when I clicked goto frontend/backend, they both gave the same exception error.

So, back to the above question.  If I have a 1.4 database, how do I go about restoring that to a clean server.
Which version should I install (does it matter)

Thank you.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kab8609

Total Posts:  821
Cleveland

You would need to post that error report message. Error logs are located var/report/

Also note, upgrading from 1.4 to 1.7 is a large task. It can take up to 12+ hours, and will involve a developer to review those error logs and fix them if they become an issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lraymond

Total Posts:  3

Thanks for the response Kris.  Taking your advice, I went back to the 1.4, installed it.  Got to step 2, entered the database information (this was a clean mysql install, and a complete mysql restore).  After entering that, I click submit to an instant 500 error.

Apache shows;
[notice] Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) DAV/2 mod_fcgid/2.3.6 mod_python/3.3.1 Python/2.6.6 mod_ssl/2.2.15 OpenSSL/1.0.0-fips mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.1 configured—resuming normal operations
[Wed Feb 27 20:59:06 2013] [warn] mod_fcgid: process 32735 graceful kill fail, sending SIGKILL

And the last file under var/report is what shows me the most clarity.  The top error line shows;

a:4:{i:0;s:90:"SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user ‘XXXX’@’localhost’ (using password: YES)";i:1;s:2925:"#0 /var/www/vhosts/ip-50-63-129-161.ip.secureserver.net/site1/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(96): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->_connect()

Looking at that error above, I can tell you that the user their connecting as is NOT the user I just said to connect as.  I can see the local.xml file has the correct user/pass for the new database.  So,

In an ugly comparison, if you move a wordpress site, there is info hardcoded into some mysql fields, it seems this is the same.  So that report folder was a nice help, can you let me know where else that may be an issue, as now at least I know why the 500 and where to look for updated error’s aside from apache.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

GoMageTeam
Guru

Total Posts:  356
Warsaw, Poland

Hello,

You should check whether the user, which is indicated in local.xml, has the permissions for the database, to which you are connecting. Most likely, there are not permissions.

Magento Community
Magento Community

webgurl

Total Posts:  1

I’m having the same problem. Tried to upgrade from 1.4.2.0 to 1.7 and it failed, so now trying to rollback to 1.4.2.0. Have a full DB backup but having trouble loading it into a clean install. Seems like Magento is trying to build a new db instead of using the one I have. local.xml is pointing to the correct user and db and the permissions are ok. Got lots of errors like “app/code/core/Mage/Customer/sql/customer_setup/mysql4-install-1.4.0.0.0.php” - SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1005 Can’t create table “ so I found all those .php files that try to do the db build and deleted them, and then I got 404 errors on both frontend and backend. Anyone have any suggestions, or the correct steps to try to restore from a DB dump?

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community