Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Admin panel access denial

logeevaghela

Total Posts:  2

Hello All,

When I am trying to access admin panel of occtrade : http://www.occtrade.co.uk/index.php/site_admin

its giving me below error:

SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1142 INSERT command denied to user ‘xxxxxxxxxxx’@’ggg.hhh.www.uu’ for table ‘adminnotification_inbox’

Image Attachments
Error.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Rich Cleverley

Total Posts:  285

It’s a MySql permissions issue.  Check that user that is mentioned has the correct DB permissions on your DB.

Also, it may be a good idea to edit your post and remove your DB user and IP address from it fro security reasons.

Magento Community
Magento Community

logeevaghela

Total Posts:  2

Thank you so much for your advice. Can you please post me the steps to change the DB permission? I am using 1&1;servers. I called them up and they replied that this problem is due to I have exceeded limit of my usage and I am using shared database. I need dedicated server for the same. Can you please give me some advice on it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rich Cleverley

Total Posts:  285

Hmm, so that sound like 1&1;have limited your account then.  Magento shouldn’t really be run on shared hosting, it’s just far too resource intensive.  You either need to look at a dedicated server or at teh very least a VPS.  I use Webfusion which is fine for my needs if that’s any help. http://www.webfusion.co.uk/virtual-private-servers/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community