Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

pc configuration extension

paul_1

Total Posts:  2

My website is for computers and components
I would like to offer my customers the option to custom build their own pc’s,and also be able to display images of products
my idea is as follows:

1, customer chooses the pc case
this would then give the option for customer to
2, select motherboard
this would then give the option for customer to
3,select cpu
etc,etc
I Need the option of having it so that at each product selection only compatible products are listed dependant on the customers choices

i can supply links of live stores that have similar designs but some are more complext for my requirements

Thanks
Paul

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kab8609
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  821
Cleveland

You are pretty much describing configurable products in Magento. It can be done, though depending on the rules of the products, it could require some custom programming.

Magento Community
Magento Community

paul_1

Total Posts:  2

Hi Kris,

Thanks for your reply,

Would this require an extension to allow this or is that dependant on how i require the setup to work.

Thanks

Paul

Magento Community
Magento Community

ec0mmerce

Total Posts:  242

Hello

More likely that only some kind of extensions will help you to solve this issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tagconsulting

Total Posts:  7

I’m submitting a quote for a company that sells custom sheds, but the requirements are the same as yours.  Have you figured anything out for yours?  I’m already familiar with Magento, so I’d like to stick with it if I could.

Thanks,

Tonya

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community