Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Admin Password keeps changing….have I been hacked? 

sean844

Total Posts:  5

Hello,

Firstly thanks in advance for anyone willing to take the time to help me, I appreciate it.

I have had my Magento system working for many months, however I came to login to the Admin panel 3 days ago and my password wouldn’t working, thinking I was going crazy I did a forgotten password.

Then again the following day, I come to login and the same password isn’t working, the same has happened today.

I am the only one able to access the system, is it possible that something else is changing the password or am I being hacked each day?

Kind Regards,

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

BhadreshShiroya

Total Posts:  9
Surat

u can change database password

UPDATE admin_user SET password=MD5(’admin123’) WHERE username=’admin’;

Magento Community
Magento Community

sean844

Total Posts:  5

I know how to update the password, thanks for your help anyway, I do now have access to my system again.

The problem is why it became a problem in the first place, how does my password keep changing?

Thanks,

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community