Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Global Colorpicker - get Colors of all configurable Products and it’s products - refactoring from inline code 2 module or controller

krysis

Total Posts:  6

Hi
I am quite new (3 weeks) in developing in Magento, have a project with a really sporty deadline and some troubles.
May someone could give me the tip I need.

In the shop are a bunch of configurable products with a attribute set of color and size.
In the navigation (out of the scope of any category or product) I need a colorpicker.
This should show all available colors and it’s combined products.
As Example - When the mouse move over yellow there should be shown a div with shirt 1 and shirt 3. On red the div should show shirt 1 too and shirt-2 and shirt 4 and so on.

I quite implement this function and it do what I want, but it is some worse inline code with a nasty load time.
So I think I better refactor it to a own module or a own controller of a exciting module.

And there now is my problem.
First of all, I am not sure in which scope I should place my controller. I think Catalog (Mage_Catalog_IndexController) should bring me further on?!

I have no clue what help I could get or need. But my hope is to start a quite useful (for all others too) discussion.
Maybe the right questions of the community could show me the answers myself.
So please participate.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community