Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 3
MaxMind Credit Card Fraud Screen

Directshop

Total Posts:  28
Melbourne, Australia

Will it utilize the BIN output methods for the upgraded MaxMind services?

Yes, we output BIN details when available (for credit card transactions). We use every check service possible given the information available to us in Magento to provide a ranking/score set for the order and allow custom config of the warning threshhold.

Expect module availability next week.

Cheers

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jadog

Total Posts:  30
California

Hello I was just checking in on a date and price for this plug in?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Directshop

Melbourne, Australia

Everyone,

We have just launched our Magento Fraud Alert Module here : Magento Fraud Alert Module, featuring MaxMind

Information, screenshots and pricing is on the site.

Cheers!
Nathan

Magento Community
Magento Community

moleygunn

Total Posts:  73

In case anyone is considering buying this I’ve had problems with it. We lost a full days worth of orders (over 50) because of a PHP error in the code, and the support is pretty poor. At least 48 hours for a response, usually more than 72.

Having said that when it works (and it’s worked most of the time) it’s brilliant and has definitely saved us money.

Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

Lost, as in they were there but got wiped or lost because the lot was down for a day?

The former seems unlikely and would certainly suck. The latter seems possible but if you had tested it, could have rolled it back in time for the day to continue as normal.

Just curious as I still have to install this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

moleygunn

Total Posts:  73

They were lost because the ordering system was crapping out with an error all day, so no-one could order. I was away from the office for the day, and only noticed when I had 54 payment failed errors in my inbox and a load of e-mails from unhappy customers. There’s no doubt that some customers have reordered, but there’s approx €800 of business lost. Having said that, the extension has probably saved us this in fraud, but that’s not the point.

It was working fine for a week before that day, and I didn’t change anything so I’m not sure what happened. They sent me a fix yesterday (four days after I contacted them) and I’m now waiting to hear what the problem was/how they fixed it, as I’m wary of reinstalling the extension without knowing more.

Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

London-ish, UK

OK sounds like maybe your host upgraded something which broke the code. Anyway, thanks for the heads-up and I’d be interested to know what it was.

Magento Community
Magento Community

IrwinMFletcher

Total Posts:  32

Is anyone using this?  Any comments?

Magento Community
Magento Community

tradiArt
Guru

Total Posts:  379

Any solution that WORKS for MaxMind integration in Magento?

thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

London-ish, UK

That DS module works well for me, never had any issues that I can remember. It helped us avoid one or two potentially sticky situations so it’s been worth it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

freeohio

Total Posts:  13

10/3/12 Just an update - Nathan and DS was very helpful with some issues upgrading to 1.7. We’re very happy with this product.

Magento Community
Magento Community

freeohio

Total Posts:  13

duplicate post

Magento Community
Magento Community

natwilson

Total Posts:  5

I bought the Direct Shop Maxmind module and it works okay.  My only grip is that when it doesn\’t use Magento\’s suspected fraud order status but rather puts suspicious orders \"on hold.\”

It works out of the box with Magento professional and enterprise.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Directshop

Melbourne, Australia

Hi everyone,

We are producing some updates to a new version of the module to give you a little more control over the order status that is used, and we are looking at adding some more features including email and IP address black/white listing, and more.

This new version should be available around end of January, time permitting!

Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

dhau

Total Posts:  5

Hi,

Is the update ready by any chance as it is now February and does it work on the current community build? (1.7.0.2)

Please let us know.
Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 3