Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 3
MaxMind Credit Card Fraud Screen

peterw83

Total Posts:  44

I would like to see integration with this MaxMind Minifraud product.  http://www.maxmind.com/app/ccv_overview

They already have support in other e-commerce platforms.  http://www.maxmind.com/app/ccv_ecommerce_software.

It is a great tool for fraud detection.  We have used it before with an Oscommerce store.

Anyone else interested in a fraud detection module like this?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

peterw83

Total Posts:  44

Anyone else interested in a fraud detection module like this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

oshipper

Total Posts:  53
New York, NY

Would also be interested in something similar. If not this particular service then at least some of the checks should be standard features in Magento. Shouldn’t be too hard to check like IP address to billing address, Issuing Bank BIN Number Checks, Address (zip to city) and Phone Number Checks.

Thanks,
Alex

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mortifier

Total Posts:  2

Yes, Maxmind integration would be great, I use it on another e-commerce software and it is *EXTREMELY* helpful to detect fraudulent orders.

Magento Community
Magento Community

SimpleHelixcom
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  906
Huntsville, AL

Indeed, this would be a great addition.
Shop owners should not run a business without these fraud detection softwares.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ricemunky

I’m actually not using Magento because of this. Authorize.net has what it calls a Fraud Detection Suite, but it’s barely useful. I am able to cut down my fraudulent orders to almost none by using a combination of Maxmind, Authorize.net, and common sense.

As soon as Magento has some more advanced fraud screening (or any for that matter), I’ll be jumping on board.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Roy Andre

Total Posts:  209

Hi all,

We’ll be looking into developing an integration of MaxMind if there is at least some sort of interest in it. Anyone else interested than the ones in the thread?

How much (or maybe how little) would you like to pay for this integration?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Chelramsey

Total Posts:  33

Hello. Is there any movement on this?

When you say ‘how much would you be willing to pay’ do you mean if you developed the module and put it up for sale?

I would say it’d be worth about $100 to me. If you would do on a one domain per license deal, I would expect it to be pretty cheap to add additional domain license after that.

-Chel Ramsey

Magento Community
Magento Community

motosync

Total Posts:  5
Tucson, AZ

I am very interested in an extension to use MaxMind.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mortifier

Any update to anyone using Maxmind with Magento?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Directshop

Total Posts:  28
Melbourne, Australia

Hello everyone.

We have already developed a Maxmind integration for Magento and are just going through final testing before commercial release.

It is a really nice integration. Maxmind themselves have reviewed it and told us it is the best integration of their product that they have seen.

It will be released in 2 weeks, so please stay tuned. We will respond to this thread when it is ready, and also add the product to Magento Connect. Pricing currently undecided.

Cheers,
Nathan

Magento Community
Magento Community

AndyCAus

Total Posts:  4

Why not release a beta version for testing?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Directshop

Total Posts:  28
Melbourne, Australia

Hi there,

We have already been beta testing on a number of stores (and Magento versions, including 1.3).

In future we may post in these forums asking for other beta testers for other modules (or via email list from our new website which will be live shortly).

Cheers
Nathan

Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

I had this running on our osCommerce shops and it was a great part of our anti-fraud mix. I was intended to port my contrib over to Magento but if someone’s working on it already, even better. Would happily pay $30 for a downloadable (not-Connect) Module.

Ideally it would be transparent to the end user, accepting orders regardless of MinFraud results. It then shows all fraud metrics in the back-end on the order overview page, with a very visual highlight in case of high risk.

Based on a certain configurable threshold it would lock the order and only admins can unlock it, preventing lower-level staff from accidentally processing and shipping it.

See screenshots of how I visualized it in osC.

Note how I combined it with card response codes from our payment provider. Everything was stored in the database for analysis. Certain logic like “is it being shipped to the billing address and did the billing address match the card address” then allowed us to lock or pass orders for further processing.

Image Attachments
osc_minfraud_high.gifosc_minfraud_low.gif

Magento Community
Magento Community

B00MER

Total Posts:  130
DFW, TX

DirectshopSolutions - 07 April 2009 11:40 PM

Hi there,

We have already been beta testing on a number of stores (and Magento versions, including 1.3).

In future we may post in these forums asking for other beta testers for other modules (or via email list from our new website which will be live shortly).

Cheers
Nathan

Will it utilize the BIN output methods for the upgraded MaxMind services?

Magento Community
Magento Community

tradiArt
Guru

Total Posts:  379
Spain

Will be nice to have a module like this, as the Telesign module breaks completely a Magento installation and it’s not maintained by the author.

Glad to test the new module when available. Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 3