Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Saving Settings In Admin Section Produces Garbled Results

kimball1

Total Posts:  11

I need to make some changes to my payment methods.  As soon as I try to make changes and save my settings (like dropping in my Auth.net api key, etc), it is filling in ALL the settings for ALL my payment methods with garbage. 

As soon as this happened I quickly dumped the core_config_data table so I could investigate what happened, then reverted to the database backup I created before installing your plugin so my store would work again.  I’m attaching some screenshots that show the Paypal (we don’t use it, so no sensitive info there) section of our core_config_data table both before and after trying to update the settings.

Any idea what garbled my settings for all the payment types?  It looks like something is encrypting when it should not be....

Image Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-02-27 at 3.47.18 PM.pngScreen Shot 2013-02-27 at 3.47.41 PM.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

signaal

Total Posts:  2

Hi, does Anyone know the answer on this. I have exact the same problem. It drives me crazy. I had it on my localserver And also on productionserver. I manage to solved it on my localserver, but when i replicae the solution to the productionserver it just keep filling the text fields with garbage.
Also the shipmentsettings of ups fedex and usps arent collapsing anymore…

My solution on the localserver was to manually adjust all the records in the database. Then first login to admin, compile, empty cach, log out and login again and go to DHL or ups schipment settings, change a setting and save. If fields stay intacked then it’s fixed.

Magento Community
Magento Community

quangdog

Total Posts:  11

In my case, this issue was caused because in app/etc/config.xml I fat-fingered the setting for the database init statements.

I had <initstatements>

It should be <initStatements> - note the capitalization on the S there.

Hope this helps!

Magento Community
Magento Community

signaal

Total Posts:  2

@quangdog.. thx, but that is all correct. No fat-finger problems over here grin

It gives me a sleepless nights because i can’t find any difference between local and live. The only thing is that live is using Redis as aan cache server.. but that should not have any effect on this.

Any other idea’s ? anyone?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community