Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Google Analytics doesn’t register all transactions

doihaveto

Total Posts:  9

I’ve been searching for an answer to the problem I’m having but can’t find one that matches my situation.

Basically, I’m running Magento ver. 1.7.0.2 and have connected it to Google Analytics via the built-in System > Configuration > Google API system.

This runs fine and Google Analytics does track traffic but for some reason when it comes to registering transactions it seems to be hit-or-miss. I’ve attached a screenshot of my Google Analytics transactions page to show you what I mean. Where are orders 93, 94 or 95? Actually at the time of the screenshot it went up to 99, so I’m missing past 96 too. All of the orders were legitimate orders that registered in Magento and were shipped successfully, so it’s not as if the orders were cancelled or anything. GA just seems to not track them for some reason.

Does anyone know why this is and how it might be fixed? Obviously it’s a nightmare trying to work out sales data with incomplete transaction information. The closest I’ve come to finding an answer is a forum post by someone who claimed transactions won’t register when a customer completes a sale via PayPal but doesn’t go back to your website for the order success page. Is this true?

Image Attachments
ga_sales.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lemax
Guru

Total Posts:  318
Nantes, France

I can also see that.
Did you find a solution ?
Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

doihaveto

No, unfortunately I’m still none the wiser as to why it happens.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sportgps

Total Posts:  1

This is common for us also and we have noticed that the missing transactions all happen to be those that have paid via Paypal. Still trying to find a solution to this. If anyone has one, feel free to share smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

wavebass

Total Posts:  22

We have the same problem. :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

DayMen

Total Posts:  4

Same problem here… Its NOT Paypal for us… Just the random occaisional skipping of some sales.  Love to hear if anyone finds a clue to say whether this is a Mage issue or just common to Google conversion stats.

Magento Community
Magento Community

McMiller

Total Posts:  16

I know this problem since 2008. I just moved from magento 1.3 to 1.8 and the problem with Google analytics still exist. Is there nobody from Magento core team who can solve this problem? Or is it a problem with Google Analytics?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Carlos Zamora

Total Posts:  2

We’re in the same situation. In our case, it’s only with CC payments. The GA code is successful added to success page, but the transaction don’t appear in Analytics Ecommerce Tracking.

Any way to solve this? 7-8 days digging and nothing!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paul Collins

Total Posts:  1

Hi, I have this same problem and believe GA is only tracking the users which are logged on (i.e have a previous account), rather than people who are registering at the time of the transaction.
I can tell this from the customer group of the customer in Magento (as we\’ve tagged prev customers in some way).

It failed to tag 50% of sales this weekend. Not good when you\’re trying to uplift conversion % stats, and you have no solid data to rely on.

The missing sales in GA all seemed to be from the \"newly registered\” set.
This leads me to believe that this OLD thread and fix might be relevant:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/176351/#t223774

I\’m going to see if I can find any more on this before I try that \"hack\" (authors words not mine), but I haven\’t found any other examples of a proposed fix on this.

Paul

Magento Community
Magento Community

JulieDuran

Our extension Google Universal Analytics can be the solution to your issue. Please take a look to fonctionnalities:

- Use the new Google Universal Analytics with your Magento
- Choose between classical transaction system (transaction sent on order success page) or server-side transaction system (transaction sent when invoicing)
- By choosing server-side system, you will have an exact conversion rate!
- Server-side transaction system, using Google’s Measurement Protocol support, allow you to track real transactions (only paid orders!)
- Track following events : Customer Registration, Customer Login, Customer Logout, Add product to cart, Add coupon code, Share wishlist, Add product to wishlist, Newsletter subscription & unsubscription (Ask for more!)
- Track magento ajax sections in onepage checkout
- Manage dimensions : customer ID, customer Email, customer group ID

I hope it can help you !

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community