Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Extension crashes website

adirectcorp

Total Posts:  1

Hello,

I have a custom Magento design and I think when attempting to install extensions this causes the website to crash. When the website crashes I cannot log into control panel or view the website. I have access to the FTP but I don\’t know what to erase in the FTP to get my site back up and running

Website Error:  *screenshot attached
Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Can someone please help me troubleshoot this?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

GoMageTeam
Guru

Total Posts:  356
Warsaw, Poland

Hello,

Your store has been put in maintenance mode. If Magento sees a file named ‘maintenance.flag’ in the root directory, it will automatically redirect all requests to the default 503 error page.
Solution:
Delete or rename ‘maintenance.flag’ in the Magento root directory. Then you should clear the cache.
If the site doesn’t still work, please, read the following information.
You need to go to your site via FTP and then go to the Magento directory app/etc/modules, there are all the files which enable/disable all the extensions. You need to find the file, which has in its name the extension name, which has been installed by you, and rename it. The files are named the same as “CompanyName_ExtensionName.xml” You can add an emphasis at the end of such a file and clear the cache. It will disable the extension.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community