Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

reindex error! 

dong113vn

Total Posts:  16

Hi all,
My site have 2 stores, same products
Products: 60.000 skus
Category: 3.000

i config limit: 4096M
time excute: 900000

i reindex each of them.
But error: \\\’xxx Index process is working now. Please try run this process later\\\’.

please help me
thanks all

dong@tindat.com

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Rich Cleverley

Total Posts:  285

It sounds like your indexing locks haven’t cleared.  ssh to your server and cd to var/locks in your Magento root.  Run the folowing comand and the locks will clear and you should be able to reindex again .

sudo rm index_process_*.lock

I’d also have a look at your logs to see if you can find out what caused the index process to fail and the locks to stay in place.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mirasvit
Guru

Total Posts:  639

Indeed when a large number of goods or attributes need to be saved, backend works very slow, as each time you save data the system re-indexes the goods through the entire catalog.
Asynchronous Re-indexing is a solution of this problem.  When a product or category is saved it is not immediately re-indexed, but put into a queue. The queue is re-indexed in the background. This greatly speeds up the backend. This mechanism is implemented by using an extension of http://mirasvit.com/magento-extensions/magento-asynchronous-reindex.html

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community