I’ve developed and manage a Magento store v1.7 CE and on Thursday something strange happened. The Translate Inline for admin and store were set to true, leading to red borders around everything. On Saturday one of the Sagepay extensions was disabled, and daily one or more of my 3rd party extensions gets “broken”. A reinstall in Magento Connect sorts out the relevant plugin, but it keeps happening, and the Translate Inline setting came back again tonight, and several extensions failed.
2 days ago the “Magento Connect” menu item vanished from admin, and I’m having to go directly to the /downloader folder to use it.
I’m certain I’ve been hacked somehow and it’s very subtle, but it’s devastating me!
I’m hosting on a VPS running WHM, and cPanel.
I’ve checked the logs and don’t see any particularily unusual activity. I’ve changed passwords etc., but it’s still happening.
I suspect something has been stuck into a scheduled task, but I’m struggling to cope.
The store has been live for about 4 weeks. No problems were encountered before last Thursday.