Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How to setup a newsletter to fire everyday at same hour? 

inovve

Total Posts:  9

Hi

On “Edit Queue / Newsletter Queue” page there’s a field named “Queue Date Start”, is it possible to configure to fire the newsletter, let’s say, at 00:00 everyday? I’ve already configured cron job on cpanel.

Best regards

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

inovve

liangling1994 - 25 February 2013 08:26 PM

All outfits need to have the right heels, any woman will agree with this, which is why we christian louboutin london will spend all day trailing the shops for them. Now though http://www.cheapchristiansshoes.co.uk/ are able to buy women\’s designer shoes online without any of the usual hassle and frustration found when we visit the malls trying to buy those promoted specials in their best women shoe stores.

There have always been problems to deal with when shopping at bricks and mortar stores for the best designer womens shoes. The issues that are the most annoying seem to happen when we try and hatch a plot to get one over on other shoppers to get the best sales.
Every good discount hunter will want to be at these sales to take advantage of these great discounts on offer. It soon becomes a free for all, a less cheap christian louboutin shoes than civilized survival of the fittest as christian louboutin shoes uk are snatched and thrown about by what seems to be hundreds of stressed out It provides method to the new market developments as well as innovative new designs and selections, which pulls clients through numerous element of the planet. This brand has generated up its own status and a positive manner via its great tough perform as well as fulfillment to customers. The only disadvantage that this brand name offers is it is really pricey and most of the customers are christian louboutin outlet to pay for all of them.

Therefore, many purchasers want Christian Louboutin Shoes which is both cheaper and cheap through the clients.Having expenses from the 100s, such higher transform shoes may fetch as much as created twosome.
Having their own inventive, inspired creations, the actual recognized styles have been in abercrombie fitch. Along with an sufficient assortment of flats, brusque boots, heels as well as espadrilles, Christian Louboutin is actually praised because of their trademark obvious leather heels. Acquiring the footwear in a custom home or even list link is really a high short. Experienced girls, who want these upmarket styles and Christian Louboutin Shoes for each some, reach that christianouin shaeas really sound variety exists within result higher eminence quilt Christian Louboutin footwear.

SPAM

Can anyone give me a hint on my question?

Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

inovve

Any idea if this is possible out of the box?

cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

magedev

Total Posts:  117

Instead of sending all newsletters in one go the Magento newsletter is set to send out 20 email every 5 minutes. If it’s not enough for you I would strongly recommend sending newsletter with 3rd party service. If your subscribes do not receive newsletters please check if:

* your cron is set up correctly (see How to set up a cron job

* cron actually runs and process Magento jobs (you can do it by monitoring cron_schedule table

* your mail server is set up to send emails

Magento Community
Magento Community

inovve

magedev - 28 February 2013 11:41 PM

Instead of sending all newsletters in one go the Magento newsletter is set to send out 20 email every 5 minutes. If it’s not enough for you I would strongly recommend sending newsletter with 3rd party service. If your subscribes do not receive newsletters please check if:

* your cron is set up correctly (see How to set up a cron job

* cron actually runs and process Magento jobs (you can do it by monitoring cron_schedule table

* your mail server is set up to send emails

Well that’s not my doubt…

I already configured cron job every 5 min, I just want to know if it’s possible on Backoffice to create a newsletter not to send once, but every day at same hour…

Magento Community
Magento Community

magedev

Total Posts:  117

I strongly advice against triggering sending newsletter to all users in one go unless you have very small number of subscribers.

Answering your question - it was apparently meant to be controlled from backend but finally was not implemented (see comment in Mage_Adminhtml_Newsletter_QueueController::sendingAction():

public function sendingAction()

{

// Todo: put it somewhere in config!

$countOfQueue  3;

$countOfSubscritions 20;

$collection Mage::getResourceModel('newsletter/queue_collection')
            ->
setPageSize($countOfQueue)
            ->
setCurPage(1)
            ->
addOnlyForSendingFilter()
            ->
load();

$collection->walk('sendPerSubscriber', array($countOfSubscritions));

}

It shouldn’t be a massive effort to implement such solution though.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community