Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Adding a website to the configuration scope

michielh

Total Posts:  22

Hi everyone, I’ve got a magento server with one website within its scope. As that particular main-website offers different types of products, I would like add a more specialized website to the scope that focuses on one product-type only. I’ve heard that the magento scope is a perfect way of doing that, instead of setting up a new magento installation.

Before I start adding another site to the scope, I’m interested in figuring out how it would be possible to create a different menu-structure for the site and add the same products but with different properties (such as price and description) to the new site. Furthermore, if I were to add product A to website A, can I make sure that product A is not accessible in website B?

Has anyone got some information related to the matter described above? Thanks in advance!

** PS: Please do not use this thread to post links to paid modules. thanks! **

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community