Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Products URL changed after 1.5 to 1.7 upgrade and Product Prices can’t reindex

WebDux

Total Posts:  23

Although it’s not easy to upgrade from Magento 1.5 to 1.7, I finially upgraded successfully some days ago.

Today, I just changed some products and reindex according to requirement but the products URL both changed. Such as old one URL is http://www.herawigs.com/straight-blonde-hair-wigs-hera-16inches-613-full-lace-wigs.html but now it’s http://www.herawigs.com/catalog/product/view/id/177/s/straight-blonde-hair-wigs-hera-16inches-613-full-lace-wigs/category/22/ . I have some methord but the only workable methord is I have to changed the old URL to a new one URL(such as change http://www.herawigs.com/straight-blonde-hair-wigs-hera-16inches-613-full-lace-wigs.html to http://www.herawigs.com/straight-blonde-hair-wigs-hera-16inches-613-full-lace-wigs-new.html) and changed the new URL to old URL again then it could work but I have more than 200 products so I think it’s a work, so is there any easy methord, which I could fix the problem?

And the system notice that Product Prices need to reindex but when I reindex data, it show one error, so is there anyone could help me, please?

Thanks in advance.

Image Attachments
error-product-prices-reindex-required.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Siggi_Schmitz
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  811

For the index, can you loggin with SSH to your server? When yes, go in the shop root, then in the folder “shell” and type “php -f indexer.php reindexall”. Sometimes this helps when the index cannot refreshed in the admin panel.

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebDux

Hi Sig,

Many thanks for your reply and I tried your methord but it can’t work and I have attached the result picture, so could you check that for us?

By the way, after do that, Product Flat Data & Tag Aggregation Data can’t reindex also, so could you help us?

Many thanks.

Image Attachments
SSH-result.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

Siggi_Schmitz
Enthusiast

Broken indexes are a big problem, i`ve saw this dozends of time....there`s a official database repair tool, i would try it.
Link: http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/1_-_installation_and_configuration/db-repair-tool
There`s also a new untested version on the site.

Please backup for db before.

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebDux

Hi Siggi,

Many thanks for your useful reply.

I have tried to repair the database as what you said but the reindex problem is still there, but the good news is the links what I said in my first post is ok now.

So do you have any other methord to solve the reindex problem, please?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Siggi_Schmitz
Enthusiast

Hmm, i would try to debug the index process an find the element(s) which has the failed foreign key constraint and delete them...but that`s not done in a few minutes.

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebDux

Yes, I also think it’s foreign key problem. When I migrate the database, some docs said I should choose “disable foreign key check” but I have not choose that item so the data base always have the problem.

Another problem for my magento is the old order records has not products details and have not “ship” item for each order, if I re-export the database with “disable foreign key check”, do you think everything will be ok, please?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Siggi_Schmitz
Enthusiast

Try it, backup the database, and reimport the database with disabled foregin key check and test the system, the index, and so on. But don`t forget save a backup.

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebDux

Hi Siggi,

I am considering if I export the data from now database with “disable foreign key check” and delete the database and import the backup, do you think I can solve the problem?

I want to do because we have about many new orders base on old database, so I want the above methord, do you think it’s workable, please? Or I have to export the old database to try?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Siggi_Schmitz
Enthusiast

When you dump with phpMyAdmin, you can add the “disable foreign key check” option to the dump. That means, that the dump runs normally und when you re-import the database (clear before) with the dump, the dump ignores the foreign key check during the import.

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebDux

Hi Siggi,

I install a new magento on other domain but when I import the database by phpMyAdmin, it show one error and I find there is any data imported.

I have attached the error picture, could you check that for us, please?

By the way, about the price reindex problem, if we don’t consider that, it will be fatal problem, please? If it’s not big problem, I want to keep this because I can’t find better methord to solve that.

Image Attachments
import-error.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

Siggi_Schmitz
Enthusiast

do you have truncate the database (delete all tables) before you starting the import?

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebDux

I have not delete the old table, I just think the new import database could cover the table. Should I delete old table and import the database, please?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Siggi_Schmitz
Enthusiast

Yes, you should.

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebDux

If so, I think it’s no need to reinstall the blank Magento, is that right?

Today, I also tried another methord, which I copy all old server files and import the database to blank database and everything is ok but the problem is when I visit the new domain, it redirect to http://www.herawigs.com and I tried many methord to solve that but can’t work so I decide to install one blank Magento. Do you have any good idea to solve the redirect problem what I said, please?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Siggi_Schmitz
Enthusiast

yes, you have to change the base urls to the new ones, the base urls are in the table core_config_data.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2