Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Managing inventory (locating, picking) in Warehouse using Magento

packetloss

Total Posts:  13

Hi everyone,

We are an online store that sell many parts, components and accessories.  We are moving from an older system to a Magento based system.

My question is all of our inventory currently has a sku # and the system we used was a web based platform that would essentially allow us to allocate this inventory to a specific rack/shelf/bin or box etc..so when something sold it was very easy to locate in our warehouse

Our Magento store is almost complete but I have been looking high and low for an inventory program that will not only allow us to manage inventory but also allow us to create some type of organized system that will help us assign and locate the products we sell.

Does something like this exist for Magento?  If so does any one have any recommendations?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

packetloss

I called earlier but they said they did not support this feature so not really sure why you say you do?  I am interested in Managing inventory and allocating it in a warehouse so it is easy to find.

Magento Community
Magento Community

packetloss

I am thinking of using the boostmyshop extension Embedded ERP, anyone use it?  Anyone know if it will do what i’ve outlined above?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Attan

Total Posts:  23

I was thinking about using Embedded ERP too since it has high popularity. Then I won a free license for Inventory Management module of Magestore recently (lucky me :D) I compared it with Embedded ERP and felt like this new extension is much more functional. In addition, Magestore’s supporter helped me install from the beginning and resolve all issue may occur. In general, I’m kind of satisfied with Inventory Management so far.

If you want to have more information, take a look here: http://www.magestore.com/magento-inventory-management-extension.html
They are offering it at an unbelievable discount now smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community