Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Tier Pricing: When First Tier Quantity is 1 Results In Unexpected Displayed Price

iamstuck

Total Posts:  3

Really stuck on this one....

(Magento 1.7.0.2)

I have a customer group setup (GroupA) and have a single tier price for that group. Admin/Catalog/Prices looks like this:

-----------------------------------------------------

Price * [10.00]

Tier Price [GroupA] 1 and above [8.00]

If a customer from GroupA is logged in the product view displays the following

Price: 10.00

Buy 1 for 8.00 each and save x%

As the logged in customer will never be charged 10.00 I need to display the tier price as the main price. Incidentally if I setup the same tier price for a ‘NOT LOGGED IN’ customer the same thing happens so it’s not an issue with customer groups etc.

I have studied price.phtml but am struggling to understand the files logic. My logic is:

If tier price is applicable (exists for active customer group) AND first tier level quantity break = 1 AND tier price is LESS THAN product price; display tier price instead of product price (also use tier price to compare to special price etc as necessary).

Can anybody suggest a solution?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community