Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Importing images

coeus

Total Posts:  39

Hello,

So far I’ve been able to import products from my zencart shop to magento however, I am not sure how to import the images. I looked at an example export of a Magento product with an image and the value was this:

h/a/hal_1.jpg

It looks like it creates two directories… how would I import images from another ecommerce solution (like zencart) where all I have is the image name + the image?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Greven

Total Posts:  36
Florence, AL

I was wanting to know as well.  Importing by hand would take so long and waste man hours.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mark_Kimsal

Total Posts:  186
Michigan, USA

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/3393/

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ross
Guru

Total Posts:  336
Scarborough, North Yorkshire, UK

Has anyone actually managed to import any products with images. I have tried a few different approaches, but suspect that is doesn’t actually work yet.  Does anyone know for sure?

(the idea in the linked thread doesn’t seem to work)

Magento Community
Magento Community

srinigenie
Guru

Total Posts:  539

logged bug
http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=1509

Please update bug with anything I may have missed.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jake

Total Posts:  14

It appears when I try to import my csv file it is not getting any of the image filenames that I pass.  The images exist in “media/catalog/product”, but they do not import into the database.  Is this the same issue everyone else is having?

Magento Community
Magento Community

NickL

Total Posts:  188

@Jake

Yup, same issue. I’m pretty sure the team’s hammering out a Fix. Especially with 1.0 coming soon, I’m assuming it has to do with the product_media_gallery table not being mapped correctly. But that’s just a guess. But again, yes, its the same issue we’re all facing right now with imports =/

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brikou Carré

Total Posts:  37

I just wrote another way (updated way I guess) to do some import stuff here is the link http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/4694/ ... If you like it just leave your opinion…

About the image import, I’m also doing some coding in order to write the 2 level directory… when everything will work fine (or almost), I’ll take some time to write a wiki article… smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community