Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Restore Magento from Linux to Windows

giangioexum

Total Posts:  6

Hi all,

i’m new to Magento platform, we have recently buy an e-commerce developed with magento 1.2, the old provider sent to me the backup both site and db (with mysql 5.5.28), the production server is a Linux machine.

I tried to install the backup on my machine with windows 7, php 5.4.11, mysql 5.5.30 and iis7 bit I encounter some problems. The application doesn’t start and I get this error message:

Can’t retrieve entity config: core/store_group
Trace:
#0 D:\GiangioDocuments\Dropbox\websites\Easycartucce.it\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource.php(144): Mage::throwException(’Can’t retrieve ...’)
#1 D:\GiangioDocuments\Dropbox\websites\Easycartucce.it\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Mysql4\Abstract.php(235): Mage_Core_Model_Resource->getTableName(’core/store_grou...’)
#2 D:\GiangioDocuments\Dropbox\websites\Easycartucce.it\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Mysql4\Abstract.php(218): Mage_Core_Model_Mysql4_Abstract->getTable(’store_group’)
#3 D:\GiangioDocuments\Dropbox\websites\Easycartucce.it\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Mysql4\Collection\Abstract.php(83): Mage_Core_Model_Mysql4_Abstract->getMainTable()
#4 D:\GiangioDocuments\Dropbox\websites\Easycartucce.it\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Mysql4\Collection\Abstract.php(69): Mage_Core_Model_Mysql4_Collection_Abstract->_initSelect()
#5 D:\GiangioDocuments\Dropbox\websites\Easycartucce.it\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Config.php(1086): Mage_Core_Model_Mysql4_Collection_Abstract->__construct(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Mysql4_Store_Group))
#6 D:\GiangioDocuments\Dropbox\websites\Easycartucce.it\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Config.php(1119): Mage_Core_Model_Config->getModelInstance(’core_mysql4/sto...’, Object(Mage_Core_Model_Mysql4_Store_Group))
#7 D:\GiangioDocuments\Dropbox\websites\Easycartucce.it\app\Mage.php(347): Mage_Core_Model_Config->getResourceModelInstance(’core/store_grou...’, Object(Mage_Core_Model_Mysql4_Store_Group))
#8 D:\GiangioDocuments\Dropbox\websites\Easycartucce.it\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Abstract.php(200): Mage::getResourceModel(’core/store_grou...’, Object(Mage_Core_Model_Mysql4_Store_Group))
#9 D:\GiangioDocuments\Dropbox\websites\Easycartucce.it\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Abstract.php(205): Mage_Core_Model_Abstract->getResourceCollection()
#10 D:\GiangioDocuments\Dropbox\websites\Easycartucce.it\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\App.php(408): Mage_Core_Model_Abstract->getCollection()
#11 D:\GiangioDocuments\Dropbox\websites\Easycartucce.it\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\App.php(268): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initStores()
#12 D:\GiangioDocuments\Dropbox\websites\Easycartucce.it\app\Mage.php(434): Mage_Core_Model_App->init(’’, ‘store’, Array)
#13 D:\GiangioDocuments\Dropbox\websites\Easycartucce.it\app\Mage.php(455): Mage::app(’’, ‘store’, Array)
#14 D:\GiangioDocuments\Dropbox\websites\Easycartucce.it\index.php(75): Mage::run()
#15 {main}

Could someone help me, thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

GoMageTeam
Guru

Total Posts:  356
Warsaw, Poland

Hello,

The cause can be:
If you see cannot retrieve entity config: core/store_group error message then default Magento configuration can not be inited on your installation.
It can occur if you occasionally moved/deleted files in app/code/core/Mage/Core directory, app/code/core/Mage/Core/Helper/etc for example.
Here is the solution:
You should check that app/code/core/Mage/Core/etc exists and is not corrupted. Also you should check other files under app/code/core/Mage/Core or restore it from the backup or original Magento distribution.Then you need to flush Magento caches and disable Compiler (if it was activated) or simply move includes directory out.

Magento Community
Magento Community

giangioexum

Total Posts:  6

GoMageTeam - 22 February 2013 03:02 AM

Hello,

The cause can be:
If you see cannot retrieve entity config: core/store_group error message then default Magento configuration can not be inited on your installation.
It can occur if you occasionally moved/deleted files in app/code/core/Mage/Core directory, app/code/core/Mage/Core/Helper/etc for example.
Here is the solution:
You should check that app/code/core/Mage/Core/etc exists and is not corrupted. Also you should check other files under app/code/core/Mage/Core or restore it from the backup or original Magento distribution.Then you need to flush Magento caches and disable Compiler (if it was activated) or simply move includes directory out.

Thanks… cleaning cache it works… now I’ve a problem with url rewrite. If I call the page http://my_address/magento/my_page this page is open but all links in the applicazione are refer to http://my_address/my_page, also the admin site redirect me to the production link.

I think I’ve to change some settings on the core_config_data table, but I can’t find which one

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community