Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Want start using Magento

new_bus

Total Posts:  3

Hi,
I’ ve built e-shops in VirtueMart and joomshoping, now I decided to start using Magento.
I need to know about costs, what costs are involved and how can I figure out how much
it cost to build an e shop by using Magento.

Best regards
Sam

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Siggi_Schmitz
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  811

The community edition is for free and it`s a full functionality shop system, in the theorey you don`t have to spend money for your shop. You can download free template / themes, there are many free extensions on the market.
But in the most cases, you want to individualize your shop, make it by yourself or get a magento developer (and THEN, you have to spent money).

Magento Community
Magento Community

Robogento

Total Posts:  9

It depends on your needs really… It is hard to just give you an exact answer.

The cost of actually installing Magento - FREE. As its Open Source software (Community edition)

The cost of templates, you can find them on: http://themeforest.net/category/ecommerce/magento

Then there is setting up everything, menus, categories,… And using extensions for Magento, you may customize your site to your liking… Some of them are free, some are paid for…

There is also the cost of shared/VPS/Dedicated hosting… Which varies according to your needs.

We will be more than happy to help you out if you need anything… Just send us a private message smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

new_bus

Total Posts:  3

Thanks so much guys, it feels good start. I am willing to pay only wanted an estimate.

See you around!

Best regards
Sam

Magento Community
Magento Community

Siggi_Schmitz
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  811

If you ever need someone who develops an extension for you, feel free to contact me wink

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community