Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Adding Custom field in customer registration form in version 1.7.x

aliasgarbharmal

Total Posts:  4

Hello,

I am using magento version 1.7.2 . I have to add a custom field when customer register. I am sure i have to add a field in register.phtml but am not successful in geting the value on backend and also how to insert in database and in which table. Please guide me through this.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MageKing

Total Posts:  54
Ahmedabad

Here is an extension for it.
Magento - custom field in customer registration form.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Hemant Vaniya

Total Posts:  3

Thanks for the suggestion. Very nice extension

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

You can also try Customer Attributes extension - http://amasty.com/customer-attributes.html

You’ll be able to add unlimited number of fields on registration page, multiple field types supported. Take a look at the image below.

Image Attachments
customer-attributes-scr-1.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

shoppingmantra

Total Posts:  11

Hi,
I want to add fields which are already inserted in to database. For example if a customer enters his zip code then system should assign other data automatically like City, State and others.
Is it possible?
Thanks in advance

Magento Community
Magento Community

shoppingmantra

shoppingmantra - 18 December 2013 02:39 AM

Hi,
I want to add fields which are already inserted in to database. For example if a customer enters his zip code then system should assign other data automatically like City, State and others.
Is it possible?
Thanks in advance

Im using version 1.8.1.0.0

Magento Community
Magento Community

FMEExtensions
Mentor

Total Posts:  1298

Use the folllowing extension that offers this functionality with lot of added features,

Additional Customer Registration Attributes

Magento Community
Magento Community

shoppingmantra

FMEExtensions - 07 January 2014 04:04 AM

Use the folllowing extension that offers this functionality with lot of added features,

Thanks for posting but this is none of my requirements. I need auto assign values. If customer enters his area zip code then other fields should automatically pulled from the data base like City, State and other fields assigned to the area zip code. Suppose we have following fields :

Zip Code : 123456
City : WXYZ
State : ABCD
Area Code : ABC / XYZ

now we ask customer to just enter his zip code, once he entered his zip code the other fields should be auto filled. This way we can save customer’s time in filling these information and it will also fill all the required information correctly.

Magento Community
Magento Community

shoppingmantra

shoppingmantra - 07 January 2014 04:33 AM

Thanks for posting but this is none of my requirements. I need auto assign values. If customer enters his area zip code then other fields should automatically pulled from the data base like City, State and other fields assigned to the area zip code. Suppose we have following fields :

now we ask customer to just enter his zip code, once he entered his zip code the other fields should be auto filled. This way we can save customer’s time in filling these information and it will also fill all the required information correctly.

Can someone help in this

Magento Community
Magento Community

FMEExtensions
Mentor

shoppingmantra - 07 January 2014 04:37 AM

Can someone help in this

------------------------------------
Do you have these values in your database? or you want to get them from any external database?

Magento Community
Magento Community

shoppingmantra

FMEExtensions - 17 January 2014 01:14 AM

Can someone help in this

Do you have these values in your database? or you want to get them from any external database?

We don’t have these fields in database, we have an excel sheet which have these data so we need a tool to enter these data in to database and then publish it within required fields. We are operating an Indian website so our concern is to get a solution for Indian destinations

Magento Community
Magento Community

FMEExtensions
Mentor

This will require customization in extension, please email us at support@fmeextensions.com and our developer will reply to you accordingly.
Please also send us a sample excel file.

Magento Community
Magento Community

diazwatson

Total Posts:  35
Spain

shoppingmantra - 17 January 2014 01:35 AM

FMEExtensions - 17 January 2014 01:14 AM

Can someone help in this

We don’t have these fields in database, we have an excel sheet which have these data so we need a tool to enter these data in to database and then publish it within required fields. We are operating an Indian website so our concern is to get a solution for Indian destinations

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community