Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Some product no more editable

gulptwins

Total Posts:  45

Hi all,
I’m getting this issue on some product, as I’m developer and I’m not using the backend very often I can’t imagine which is the cause of this problem (please see attached).
It happens just for some product of just one attribute set...how to debug and understand what is wrong ?
The user tells me he doesn’t get any error on saving the products…
I would like to avoid the solution to delete the products and re-enter the data.

Thank you for any suggestion

Image Attachments
mage.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Siggi_Schmitz
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  811

Enable system logging in the configuration and see the files in var/log/ if there are any error messages.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gulptwins

Hello,
thank you for your suggestion but the logging is already enabled but no exception or error related to this issue is thrown by the system ...

Magento Community
Magento Community

Siggi_Schmitz
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  811

okay, install firebug (firefox plugin), open the network tab in firebug, open the page in the backend with the broken tabs, open the request in the network tab from firebug, click on “answer” or “response” (don`t know the name in english version) and see if there is any php error shown.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tzyganu
Mentor

Total Posts:  2205
Bucharest, Romania

You can also look in the source of the page (view source). The last line should be the PHP error.
If there is no error edit the index.php file of your magento instance and uncomment this line:

#ini_set('display_errors', 1);
(remove the # sign).
Then try again and post here the error message if it does not give you a clue of what is happening.

Marius.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gulptwins

Found the error:

Fatal errorCall to a member function getSource() on a non-object in /mydomain.com/www/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Catalog/Product/Edit/Tab/Super/Config/Grid.php on line 236
What could it be related to ?
I’ve not updated any admin script ...

Is it possible the a broken index in the db throw out a problem like this ?

Thank you for your help !!

Magento Community
Magento Community

tzyganu
Mentor

Bucharest, Romania

The error comes from here (last line below):

foreach ($attributes as $attribute{
            $productAttribute 
$attribute->getProductAttribute();

$productAttribute->getSource();

For some reason $productAttribute is not an object and trying to do ->getSource() gives an error.
The attributes that are involved here are the configurable attributes in a configurable product.
Check your configurable attributes for errors.

Marius.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gulptwins

Yes...that’s the answer !
An attribute has been changed and it seems to create the exception...but I cannot figure why just for some product even if the attribute is own by many others products !

Magento Community
Magento Community

tzyganu
Mentor

Bucharest, Romania

unfortunately I cannot answer your latest question.
I don’t know why the problem occurs only for some products.
You can try to find a pattern for the products that have this issue (or the ones that don’t), maybe th problem originates somewhere else and it doesn’t work in combination with that specific attribute.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community