Magento Forum

Maintenance mode stuck after updating attempt

kumita

Total Posts:  8

Hi everyone, not so long ago I tried to update my magneto store using the ‘magento connect’ but then I got some messages saying there were some fatal errors then for some reason which I don’t remember I reloaded the page and after that I couldn’t get back to the frontend nor the backend, all I get since is the maintenance message I think that’s due to the fact that I forgot to turn off the function that puts the store in a maintenance mode, I already read some threads and blogs about it and most of them mention to erase the maintenance.flag file (which I already tried) I also found another website where I was supposed to add some code to the index.php file so I did it in all the possible ways changing the code which ended like this:

“$mageFilename = MAGENTO_ROOT . ‘/app/Mage.php’;
$maintenanceFile = ‘maintenance.flag’;
$ip = $_SERVER[’REMOTE_ADDR’];
$allowed = array(’333.333.3.333’,’222.222.2.222’); // these are the IP’s that are allowed to view the site.

if (!file_exists($mageFilename)) {
if (is_dir(’downloader’)) {
header("Location: downloader");
} else {
echo $mageFilename.” was not found”;
}
exit;
}

if (file_exists($maintenanceFile) && !in_array($ip, $allowed)) {
//if (file_exists($maintenanceFile)) {
include_once dirname(__FILE__) . ‘/errors/503.php’;
exit;
}

And so far NOTHING I even took everything from the var/cache and moved it into another folder… I can’t find the way to get back my store PLEASE HELP ME

It’s worth to mention I don’t know anything about programming

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Siggi_Schmitz
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  811

You have removed the maintaince.flag - file and the store is still in maintaince mode?

Magento Community
Magento Community

kumita

Yes, it’s still in maintenance mode, or at least that’s what I think because I just see the message that my store is in maintenance (I think what is shown is the 500/503 error page)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Siggi_Schmitz
Enthusiast

When you edit the 503 - template (errors/503.php) and add some custom text, did you see the changes in the frontend?

Magento Community
Magento Community

kumita

No, I tried to write something but nothing changed in the frontend. does that mean the cause then is an internal server error?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Siggi_Schmitz
Enthusiast

Please send a screenshot from your site.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kumita

This is my frontend page and I get the same page when I try to open de backend

Image Attachments
image.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

Siggi_Schmitz
Enthusiast

And when you edit the file errors/default/503.phtml .... don`t see the changes in the screen?

Magento Community
Magento Community

kumita

It seems to keep showing me the 500 error page without changes (therefore I believe it’s the default error page for any of the sites I have hosted there), so I don’t think it’s using the 503.phtml

Magento Community
Magento Community

kumita

I asked to the support team of my web hosting service about this issue and they wrote me back this:

“Checking Apache error logs we found that there has been some permissions issues for certain directories and files in your account due to which you would have received 500 error message. Kindly note that your server requires that you have 644 permission for files and 755 for directories. Excess permissions will result in error when accessing your website.

So please take off maintenance mode and check your shop again. If the issue persist get back to us after lifting maintenance mode so that we can work on issue with your website”

But the thing is I can’t take off the maintenance mode :S

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community