Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Import Default Values

Kaipi Yann

Total Posts:  5
Paris

Hi,

I work with Magento since few years but I have a problem with product data import, it’s the first time it occurs and I begin to wonder if something has change with the import functionnality since Magento 1.6 perhaps. I explain :
When I use the Import/Export>Dataflow Profile>Import All Products with a CSV files containing only the attributes I want to update for a particular store view only, Magento seems to duplicate all the attribute values and in the BO I can see that all the attribute checkboxes “Use default value” are untick.
In my file I only have few collums : “store”,"websites”,"type”,"sku”,"name"…

I really don’t understand what is going on. Any idea ?

Thks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hello,

As I can see, no one replied you yet. I can suppose that there might be issue with upgrade. You can install new installation of Magento to some subfolder and try if the issue remains.
As an alternative, you can also try out Store Manager for Magento application. Using it is it possible to use any columns you have in the file as there are no specific requirements to the obligatory fields your import file should contain.
In any case, there is 2-weeks free version of the application, so you can use it for importing and there is no need to pay:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/store-manager-for-magento.html

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community