Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Cannot log-in to Magento admin panel (tried other solutions)

wizzlesticks

Total Posts:  4
Perth, Australia

Hi guys! Long time lurker here, but decided to register today because I’m stuck on the admin log-in panel which simply refreshes after entering (correct) log-in information. Other solutions have not worked for me. I’m running Magento 1.6.x and my site was working perfectly up until this point. Thankfully, however, front end is still working, so this is not affecting customers.

So far, I’ve tried editing the Varien.php file per this solution: http://www.templatemonster.com/help/magento-cant-login-to-admin-panel.html but this has not worked for me after many tries. Log-in page still refreshes with no error message after each attempt. I have also looked at other web pages with similar instructions, but they all appear to say the same thing, and also have not helped.

Not sure if this is relevant, but I keep reading things about localhost issues being the cause of this. I installed Magento directly from my web host’s software (Softaculous) and have never used it on a local machine or whatever. In other words, it’s been live from day one, and I have always edited my store directly from within my domain (tagitsecurity.com/admin).

Can anyone step me through this?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

softaculous

Total Posts:  5

Hi,

I am from Softaculous team. This can be an issue if the post_max_size is low on the server. Can you open a support ticket with us we will resolve the issue for you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

wizzlesticks

Total Posts:  4
Perth, Australia

Thanks for your reply. What web page do you want me to lodge a support ticket?

By the way, I didn’t think Softaculous provided software support in the first place. The installation itself worked perfectly, and I’ve been using my Magento store for some time now, without issue. This is just something that has come up all by itself.

Magento Community
Magento Community

softaculous

Hi,

We do support if you face any issues with the scripts newly installed i.e. if it does not work after a fresh install.

You can open a support ticket here :
https://www.softaculous.com/support

Magento Community
Magento Community

softaculous

Hi,

It seems that you were using a password that was not accepted by Magento. Our support team has reset the password for you.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community