Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Credit Card Transactions Through Magento Core API? 

mickeyfmann

Total Posts:  2

I’m currently unable to create credit card orders through the Magento API. I’m able to set the payment information but when I call the create order function on the cart I get a “Credit card number mismatch with credit card type” error. I’ve done some research on this and what I’ve found is that because Magento isn’t storing the credit card numbers and the order function itself calls payment validation again, validation is failing because you don’t have full payment information in the request.

Seems simple enough but then the create order function isn’t setup to accept any of that information. So basically I’m wondering if anyone has run into this issue or if there’s a fix out there for it. Honestly I’m wondering what the point of the API is since this basically makes impossible for you to use it to process orders. I’m thinking someone out there even knows about this since all the examples and tutorials I’ve found make use of the check money order payment method.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community