Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Pearlib folder does not exists. 

axaios

Total Posts:  6
Thessaloniki, Greece

I am trying to upgrade one of my magento sites. I am transferring it to a development server to keep the live site intact. I followed the alternative method to move the site as stated here http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/groups/227/moving_magento_to_another_server.

However the pear.ini or the pearlib folder do not exist. I have checked my other websites and they also lack the same folder. All websites are 1.5+ I do recall however having seen the pear.ini in a old magento site I had long ago.

Is this folder removed from recent magento versions?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kalenjordan

Total Posts:  218
Pasadena, CA

If I were you, I’d probably try and avoid using pear and just zip up the database and files, transfer them to the new host, drop them in place, change your app/etc/local.xml, and that should be basically it.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community