How do we set the review section on Magento so customers do not have to login to leave a product review. Currently they have to login which seems to be putting them off. Is there a setting we have missed?
There are some solutions for this case:
- System > Configuration > Advanced > Advanced > Mage_Review > Enable > Save Config.
- System->Configuration, then click on “Catalog”. Then click on Product Reviews and Select Yes to enable or No to disable and click on save config button.
- read this “how to”: http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/how-do-i-configure-and-use-the-reviews-and-ratings-module
If this does not help, try this solutions:
in file app/design/frontend/default/your_theme/layout/review.xml add this code:
Take a look at our free product reviews extension for Magento - http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/yopto-reviews-5759.html
We’re completely free. Give us a try!
Here are some of the features of the Yotpo reviews add-on:
- Send Mail After Purchase emails to encourage customers to leave reviews (proven to dramatically increase reviews)
- Display your reviews in a beautiful and customizable format
- Supports all languages
- Create a minisite to increase your SEO with User Generated Content
- Allow users to share their reviews on their social networks
- Import pre-existing reviews
- Fully customize your widget’s look and feel.
- Connect your business’s social pages to Yotpo, to automatically notify your followers of new reviews.
- It’s free!
To view a live demo of our widget, just head to yotpo.com
To view a live demo of our admin panel, just use this link - https://api.yotpo.com/users/b2blogin.html?app_key=d35XZUIFgK2rArNaCTPaRgyAlglncKh9LsEfoUPz&secret;=AoLCyLNRyY5xHJcCX7WNqmMmVsSIHmMae1Huuu2c