Note in the above we’ve specified a category value of 2. This value corresponds to the category ID number we noted in the previous section.
5. Click the Save Page button. We’ve now got Magento set up to display the contents of a category on its home page.
We’ve got the category – now we need products to display within them.
1. Under the Catalog menu, select Manage Products.
2. In the top-right corner, click the Add Product button.
3. Leave Attribute Set as “Default” and Product Type as “Simple Product”. PressContinue.
4. In the General tab, add a product Name, Description, SKU, and Weight. Set Statusto “Enabled”. Click the Save and Continue Edit button.
5. You should next be taken to the Prices tab. Enter a value for Price and set a Tax Class. Click the Save and Continue Edit button.
6. Click the Inventory tab for the product. Set the Qty field to any number above zero. Set the Stock Availability option to “In Stock”. Click the Save and Continue Editbutton.
7. Click the Images tab for the product. Click the Browse Files… button and select the image file (GIF, JPEG or PNG) you wish to use to represent the image. Now press theUpload Files button to upload the image file to the server.
You should now be presented with a page that lists, in rows, the image options for your new product – with the default selections all being set to “No image”. Change this by first mousing over the box that reads “Roll Over for preview”. Verify that the thumbnail of the image matches what you have just uploaded. To set this image as the one to represent the product, under the Base Image, Small Image and Thumbnailcolumns select the radio buttons in the row representing your uploaded image.
8. Finally, we want to add this product to the category that appears on your home page. Click the Categories tab and check the category you’ve set up earlier to display on the home page.
9. Done! Click the Save button to finish working on this product.
If you will face any problem or issue you can contact us as we are one of the best Magento Extensions developer.