Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Grand Total Doubled

duff

Total Posts:  4

Hoping someone here has run into this problem before, because I’ve been searching for an answer with no luck so far…

We’ve recently had an increase in customers reporting that when they add a product to their shopping cart and visited the cart/checkout, the grand total is double the amount of the sub-total. The amount of different items doesn’t seem to be an issue. It has happened with even 1 single item in the cart.

This doesn’t seem to be browser dependant. People have reported it in Chrome (latest version), IE, etc.

The weird thing is that we can’t duplicate the issue.

Anyone else run into this before?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

rcasillas

Total Posts:  1

I am experiencing the same issue.I’m hoping there is a solution to this.
I need to launch a site today, and this worries me.

I don’t see any doubling in my shopping cart. I only see it after estimating shipping (right before advancing to the cart).

Magento Community
Magento Community

duff

rcasillas - 07 March 2013 01:24 PM

I am experiencing the same issue.I’m hoping there is a solution to this.
I need to launch a site today, and this worries me.

I don’t see any doubling in my shopping cart. I only see it after estimating shipping (right before advancing to the cart).

What version of magento are you using?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lyonscg

Total Posts:  173
Chicago IL

This wouldn’t be browser specific, it would most definitely be PHP/MySQL based.

While I haven’t experienced this specifically, I have experienced plenty of “phantom” bugs. I would start by placing logs that capture the product skus, product prices, and grand total for each cart. Then the next time you get a report, you can physically see the problem and more importantly, confirm there is an issue in the system.

Once the bug is confirmed, you can then start digging deeper. Because you can’t replicate, you will need to rely on your logs. Start by capturing price altering functionality, coupons, discounts, ect. Also look for patterns between carts that show the bug. Although it appears to be random, there is a trigger and once you know what that is, it will be much easier to track down.

Only other advice is to not forget about this and let your logs grow too large ;)

Magento Community
Magento Community

duff

Lyons CG - 08 March 2013 08:25 AM

This wouldn’t be browser specific, it would most definitely be PHP/MySQL based.

While I haven’t experienced this specifically, I have experienced plenty of “phantom” bugs. I would start by placing logs that capture the product skus, product prices, and grand total for each cart. Then the next time you get a report, you can physically see the problem and more importantly, confirm there is an issue in the system.

Once the bug is confirmed, you can then start digging deeper. Because you can’t replicate, you will need to rely on your logs. Start by capturing price altering functionality, coupons, discounts, ect. Also look for patterns between carts that show the bug. Although it appears to be random, there is a trigger and once you know what that is, it will be much easier to track down.

Only other advice is to not forget about this and let your logs grow too large wink

Great advice, thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community